Form TM30 - Pattaya area

Bazle

1 hour ago, ChiFlyer said:

I finally dragged my lazy butt over to Maneerat this Morning. We got there at about 11 AM and there was no line to speak of. There was a bit of a queue when we left about half an hour later. 

Talked to a nice lady about what I need.

• Yep, I need a TM.30 - Maneerat will do for 500
  • Extension of Stay for O Visa can be done now and it is a good idea to get er done, as Immigration will slow things down starting on November 15th. Maneerat will do for 8000
  • Added a single re-entry for 1000

That's a total of 9,500 and I have a busy day tomorrow. (Bank, fotos, back to Maneerat, over to Immigration for a foto)

Thanks for this. 

Do you need the TM30 merely because you need a further extension of stay, or because you didn't get one the last time you re-entered the country, please? 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2023 at 8:08 AM, forcebwithu said:

Agree, it seems Pattaya the hoops they make you jump through are designed to get you to use an agent.

One point, even using an agent you still have to show up at the immigration office. They take a photo of you to prove you were there.

That comment is spot on.

The last occasion I tried to renew my Retirement visa having done it myself for years I found that they had moved the goalposts. Having effectively forced me to apply initially for a short term extension the guy in IP said to me

"Why didn't you use an Agent?"

A few days later I gave up and went to see Secrets Thai accountant who had my passport returned correctly stamped within a few days. The "fee" was the going rate for "Agent" renewals.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I must have just missed you at Maneerat. I stopped in about the same time to inquire about using their service for my drivers license renewal. Unfortunately they don't offer that service.

hmmm - as we walked in the door there was a guy walking out that looked a little familiar. I remember thinking that the gentleman looked similar to FBW. If it was you and I looked past you, my apologies. My mind was elsewhere. 

7 hours ago, Bazle said:

Thanks for this. 

Do you need the TM30 merely because you need a further extension of stay, or because you didn't get one the last time you re-entered the country, please? 

We moved effective the end of July this year. We bought a house. I need a TM.30 for a new address. I was a little unsure as to how to proceed as we now live in a house owned by a company that I own 49% of. The Mrs. owns 51%, but I am the only stock holder with voting rights. I was unsure how to proceed under these circumstances and that was my prime reason for visiting Maneerat today.

I also wanted to and did discuss the timing on my upcoming Extension of Stay, which is February 1st. The lady explained one can update an Extension of Stay up to 3 months before it expires. Also, she stated because of the upcoming holidays and high season, I would be better off doing it now. I am guessing that she is at least in part paid by how much cash she brings in, but I agree with her reasoning as to the benefit to me as well.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

10 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

hmmm - as we walked in the door there was a guy walking out that looked a little familiar. I remember thinking that the gentleman looked similar to FBW. If it was you and I looked past you, my apologies. My mind was elsewhere. 

Having met you IRL only one time it's quite possible I might not have recognized you either.

It did happen there was a pause as I was leaving as a guy that was coming had pulled the door open and we stopped for a couple of seconds wondering who was going to go first through the door. Thinking of the old saying, age before beauty, I went first. :default_biggrin:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Having met you IRL only one time it's quite possible I might not have recognized you either.

It did happen there was a pause as I was leaving as a guy that was coming had pulled the door open and we stopped for a couple of seconds wondering who was going to go first through the door. Thinking of the old saying, age before beauty, I went first. :default_biggrin:

I am pretty sure that was us. With regard to "age before beauty" you got that one wrong methinks. Beauty was behind me. I do mean the Mrs. 

• Haha 1

On 11/7/2023 at 1:22 PM, ChiFlyer said:

I finally dragged my lazy butt over to Maneerat this Morning. We got there at about 11 AM and there was no line to speak of. There was a bit of a queue when we left about half an hour later. 

Talked to a nice lady about what I need.

• Yep, I need a TM.30 - Maneerat will do for 500
  • Extension of Stay for O Visa can be done now and it is a good idea to get er done, as Immigration will slow things down starting on November 15th. Maneerat will do for 8000
  • Added a single re-entry for 1000

That's a total of 9,500 and I have a busy day tomorrow. (Bank, fotos, back to Maneerat, over to Immigration for a foto)

The tail winds of getting through needless bureaucracy were on my side today. I left the house at 9:20, did all of my stuff and was back home at 12:15. Of the ~ 3 hours total time I would guess that 2 hours of it was driving time. I live about 30 minutes out, so I burn an hour round trip just coming into Pattaya. Really, I caught zero construction delays and mostly Green lights. Even the Pattaya Klang stretch from 2nd Road to 3rd Road was a clean sail. That never happens. 

I definitely am a fan of doing this stuff on a Wednesday at this time of year.

Thanks to those whose comments got me going on this before holiday and high season delays begin to kick in.

I had to stop by Immigration to have my pic taken. They really have improved the layout of the place from what I saw. Several new air conditioned buildings (I think) to breakout things like 90 days. Not sure why anyone would not use the 90 day online system, but whatever. I arrived at Immigration and called the contact number that the Maneerat lady had given me. I was met by their rep in under a minute and was back out the door in one more minute. Not bad at all IMO. I have been told that I can expect my passport back in a few days. This is for a one year "Extension of Stay", an MT.30, and a one time re-entry permit.

BTW - while I was at the Maneerat office on soi 13-2 (soi Post Office), I overheard several cranky old Farangs bitching at the reps about what needed to be done. Not right. These ladies are working on their behalf and I suspect not being paid much for their efforts. Yeah, the Thai immigration rules are convoluted beyond belief. There is no reason to take one's frustration out on the staff of a visa agency. 

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/9/2023 at 1:56 AM, ChiFlyer said:

Yeah, the Thai immigration rules are convoluted beyond belief.

The Thai tourist area immigration rules. 

The three different immigration offices I've used since moving here take less than 30 minutes from parking to driving away, and charge 1,900 Baht.  Plus 100 Baht the day before at the bank for a letter.  It takes me maybe a half hour to scan new pages and print everything I need before I go.

I don't think they even have agents away from Chon Buri/Bangkok/Phuket/Chiang Mai and maybe Hua Hin.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, tko said:

The Thai tourist area immigration rules. 

The three different immigration offices I've used since moving here take less than 30 minutes from parking to driving away, and charge 1,900 Baht.  Plus 100 Baht the day before at the bank for a letter.  It takes me maybe a half hour to scan new pages and print everything I need before I go.

I don't think they even have agents away from Chon Buri/Bangkok/Phuket/Chiang Mai and maybe Hua Hin.

That was my experience as well when they would still accept a US Income Affidavit. The most time consuming, and expense part of the extension to stay back then was getting the Affidavit.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

That was my experience as well when they would still accept a US Income Affidavit. The most time consuming, and expense part of the extension to stay back then was getting the Affidavit.

I go the deposit route, because I self insure due to pre-existing conditions.  So I never get anywhere near as low as 800K in the bank.  So just 100Baht and maybe 15 minutes to get a letter from the bank.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

So our trip is only a couple of weeks away so thought I would have a practice run doing the TM30 online. I set this up in my wife's name awhile ago.

Anyway even though I had our 2 addresses saved in the sytem they wouldn't appear in the address window when I started the inform process. After a lot of stuffing around I decided to delete both addresses and then re-add them. They now appear in the address window of the inform page. So it looks like everything is now working except I get the message that I can only submit 1 day before arrival when I save it.

So looks like all should be good to register my stay in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...

So I registered my stay today using the wife’s account. All done but no record or email of confirmation.

Has any one done this online and can confirm whether you do get some notice that it has been completed and accepted. I did do another one but when I tried submitting it I got an error saying this was duplicate.

22 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

So I registered my stay today using the wife’s account. All done but no record or email of confirmation.

Has any one done this online and can confirm whether you do get some notice that it has been completed and accepted. I did do another one but when I tried submitting it I got an error saying this was duplicate.

I haven't had to do this and don't want to teach grandma how to suck eggs, but have you checked your spam folder?

When I first started to do my 90 day reports online, I thought I had the same issue, but checking spam, there was both the confirmation of receipt and the issuance of the 90 day report document.

• Great Info 4

On 3/24/2024 at 5:09 PM, thegrogmonster said:

There will be no Email confirmation. This is how to do after submitting:

-Log out and log in again

-Click on the accomodation the foreigner stays in

-Fill in the dates for the foreigner staying

-Click search

Scroll to bottom of page, make screen shot or better: click on the magnifying glass. With export can make a PDF file.

This is how I did it several month ago. Now it might be a bit different as they are doing changes all the time, so try some similar steps if not successful.

Edited by CampariO