Form TM30 - Pattaya area

Bazle

This article is from the Pattaya Mail. If it is accurate (and, given the author and the lack of information about the source, I'm not 100% sure that it is), we need to take a big note about the extra work that those of us who have permanent addresses in Pattaya will have to put in to getting things like Extensions of Stay.

https://www.pattayamail.com/travel/chonburi-immigration-bureau-tightens-address-reporting-442911

Chonburi immigration bureau tightens address reporting
By Barry Kenyon -October 12, 2023

A recent change in procedure at Pattaya-Jomtien immigration (and Sri Racha) means that all foreigners requiring a service must have a TM30 form receipt in their passport dated since their last arrival in Thailand. This bureaucracy is quite separate from the 90 days reporting for expats which remains intact.

The TM30 form, which can be completed by the hotel juristic person or the owner of the residence or the newly-arrived foreigner, has in the past been used mainly when short-term tourists apply for an extension of their 30 days visa exempt entry. It should be completed within 24 hours (72 hours in practice) after arrival in the country.

The change in procedure means that the requirement is now extended to any foreigner seeking a re-entry permit, a renewal of a one year extension of stay (including retirement and marriage visas), extension of Elite, certificates of residence for driving licences, opening bank accounts etc. All these categories must now have a TM30 immigration receipt in their passport issued after their most recent entry to Thailand by air or land or sea. A TM30 receipt issued before the last entry to Thailand will be regarded as out-of-date and no longer acceptable.

It is recommended that all foreigners check in their passports that they have a TM30 receipt issued since their most recent arrival in the country. This now applies to long-term expats as well as short-term tourists. Updating records now could save inconvenience later when applying for an immigration service. Foreigners in other areas of Thailand need to check the specific regulations of TM30 in operation there.

Thanks for sharing. I usually did the TM30 by using the phnoe app each time I entered Thailand anyway. Took less than 5 minutes.

Now with the new registration system (see the other thread) it is the same. I am doing it with my notebook, don't know if it works with the phone but will try next time.

I'd like to see this new policy of requiring a TM30 receipt issued after their most recent arrival confirmed by another source as I don't consider Kenyon a reliable source.

I may very well be the confirming source as my extension to stay is due next month and I intend to pay a visit to Manareet tomorrow to handle the extension. I'll report back on what they have to say about this new policy.

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I may very well be the confirming source as my extension to stay is due next month and I intend to pay a visit to Manareet tomorrow to handle the extension. I'll report back on what they have to say about this new policy.

Perfick!!!

Can you ask if it effects blokes like me that just pop into town for a couple of nights stay in a hotel ...????

11 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I'd like to see this new policy of requiring a TM30 receipt issued after their most recent arrival confirmed by another source as I don't consider Kenyon a reliable source.

Looking forward to reading about your feedback on this. I use Manareet as well and am starting to plan for my first of the year extension of stay activities. My current extension expires February 1st. I am thinking that I should try and push it a little earlier than 30 days, as things in general in Thailand move more slowly the first two weeks of a new year.

I just returned from the UK with a new passport, so the first thing to do was get that into the Immigration system. That was easy enough and free of charge, I did it myself. Next I needed a residence certificate to buy a new car, and as I'd been told they insist on a valid TM30 for that, I used an agent. Apparently, if you have a TM30 slip in your passport then that's all you need, there's currently no need to do a new one when you return from a trip either within Thailand or overseas. I was very interested to find that I didn't even need to file a new TM30 with the new passport, the agent just took the existing slip and stapled it into my new passport. Proof that this is all correct and above board is the residence certificate that he gave me a day later. It also agrees with the fact that I've never, ever filed a TM30 after returning from a trip abroad, and Immigration has never told me I should have done so when I'm renewing the annual extension or getting a re-entry permit.

• Great Info 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

I just returned from the UK with a new passport, so the first thing to do was get that into the Immigration system. That was easy enough and free of charge, I did it myself. Next I needed a residence certificate to buy a new car, and as I'd been told they insist on a valid TM30 for that, I used an agent. Apparently, if you have a TM30 slip in your passport then that's all you need, there's currently no need to do a new one when you return from a trip either within Thailand or overseas. I was very interested to find that I didn't even need to file a new TM30 with the new passport, the agent just took the existing slip and stapled it into my new passport. Proof that this is all correct and above board is the residence certificate that he gave me a day later. It also agrees with the fact that I've never, ever filed a TM30 after returning from a trip abroad, and Immigration has never told me I should have done so when I'm renewing the annual extension or getting a re-entry permit.

I went to Manareet this morning and when I asked about the new policy I was told I would have to file a new TM30 when returning to my home address from overseas or even an overnight stay at a hotel within Thailand.

I'm leaving in a few minutes to show my face at immigration for them to take a photo of me. I'll report back if I had to also pony up a fine due to my trip to the US last May and not filing a new TM30 within 24 hours of my return.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

Just back from having my photo taken at immigration and am happy to report I didn't get dinged for not filing a new TM30 after my trip abroad back in May and returning to the same address I've lived at for the past 12 years.

It may be that those using an agent, having already paid their pound of flesh in "extra fees", are not getting done over again with the TM30 "fine". It'll be interesting to hear from those that are doing it on their own if they're getting done over by the reported new immigration policy.

Kudos to Manareet for the efficient handling once again of my extension to stay. Their office this morning was a beehive of activity, but I was lucky enough hit it at the right time when one of the agents was free. Took about 10 minutes to prepare and sign all the bits of paper and then it was over to Bangkok Bank on Beach Rd for their step in the process.

Like last year that step took the longest as they were on number 4 when I walked in and was given a ticket no. 13. Settled in with my Kindle and about 30 minutes later my number was called. It was another 30 minutes before I was handed my passbook back and was free to leave. Probably 15 minutes of that time though was spent on replacing my expired ATM card and activating the mobile bank app on my new phone. Those are two tasks I had been putting off because I hate wasting my time dealing with the inefficiencies and bureaucracy of Thai banks. BTW, new this year was a Manareet rep at the bank to make sure we were well taken care of.

The last step was a trip to immigration to have my photo taken by a Manareet rep with me standing in front of the immigration desk. The rep stands by the front door and on your arrival takes you inside for the photo. That was over and done with in less than a minute.

Cost for the extension to stay, plus a multiple re-entry stamp was 16,500B. My passport should be ready to pickup Friday, or Monday at the latest.

What I'll try to remember to do next year is go to Manareet in the afternoon. I think morning's are when most go and that results in a crowd in the office, and another gaggle of ex-pats at Bangkok Bank.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

So guys - I have been following this thread loosely. I have an extension of stay on the horizon. I think I need to do the following.

• Since I have moved, I need to file a TM30 even though I have not left Thailand since well before the move. In my case I moved to a house that is owned by a company where I am the managing director of said company. Is the new TM30 app working at this point in time? I use a laptop for these kind of things.
  • Talk with Manareet about how early I can file said extension of stay (TM.7). I have a February 1st expiration. I hear one should file for the extension about 1 month before the current permission expires. That has me filing with the New Year. Anybody ever file earlier that 30 days?

tia,

CF

45 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:
  • Talk with Manareet about how early I can file said extension of stay (TM.7). I have a February 1st expiration. I hear one should file for the extension about 1 month before the current permission expires. That has me filing with the New Year. Anybody ever file earlier that 30 days?

tia,

CF

I filed with Maneerat 2 month earlier this year.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Trouble is guys all the IO's have different requirements for complying with rules/regulations, its nothing short of a nightmare taking note of posts here and then expecting YOUR IO to be the same, you might be lucky but you might not.

Its best to find out what is acceptable in YOUR IO or use an agent if you can't be asked imo.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Trouble is guys all the IO's have different requirements for complying with rules/regulations, its nothing short of a nightmare taking note of posts here and then expecting YOUR IO to be the same, you might be lucky but you might not.

Its best to find out what is acceptable in YOUR IO or use an agent if you can't be asked imo.

We have a winner !

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

That's spot on, even for a simple 30 day extension. Jontiem has become a pain with their requirements and often turning you away and making you return on your last day.

I have renewed in Phuket the last few years where they are happy for you to stay longer to spend more money. Fill in the form, pay the 1900b and it's happy days.

This year I will see how easy it is to do in HH.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Why is this just limited to Pattaya? I have never heard one word of any such requirement here in the suburbs in Bangkok?  Just curious...

Wifey even talked to her friend who is my agent....no such requirement she says.

A very good question. I wonder on occasion if it might be some agents making things up to line their own pockets, or maybe they don't really know what exactly is needed from one day to the next and so they're just taking the easiest approach and making sure you have every bit of paper that might ever be required?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Why is this just limited to Pattaya? I have never heard one word of any such requirement here in the suburbs in Bangkok?  Just curious...

Wifey even talked to her friend who is my agent....no such requirement she says.

I think it's because the Pattaya area has this whole agent thing going on.  There are plenty of expats there who want to pay to circumvent the rules (like you must show up in person) so the IOs there are happy to take advantage of it.

I've done extensions in Kap Choeng, Buriram, and the last few years in Mapthaput.  I pay 100 Baht at the bank for a letter and 1900 Baht at immigration.  It usually takes less than 30 minutes at immigration to walk out with another year stamp in the passport.

EDIT: Also, I don't need to do another TM30 when I spend the night  somewhere else as long as when I return to Rayong its to the same address.

Edited by tko
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

25 minutes ago, tko said:

I think it's because the Pattaya area has this whole agent thing going on.  There are plenty of expats there who want to pay to circumvent the rules (like you must show up in person) so the IOs there are happy to take advantage of it.

I've done extensions in Kap Choeng, Buriram, and the last few years in Mapthaput.  I pay 100 Baht at the bank for a letter and 1900 Baht at immigration.  It usually takes less than 30 minutes at immigration to walk out with another year stamp in the passport.

EDIT: Also, I don't need to do another TM30 when I spend the night  somewhere else as long as when I return to Rayong its to the same address.

Agree, it seems Pattaya the hoops they make you jump through are designed to get you to use an agent.

One point, even using an agent you still have to show up at the immigration office. They take a photo of you to prove you were there.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Back now from picking up my passport from Manareet with another year's extension to stay. No extra money was handed over for not reporting my return back in May.

When the agent sent my passport over to immigration for the stamps, they had the TM30 stapled to the back page with a portion sticking out. So it's not like the IO didn't see it. It's also obvious it's old as the receipt is from 2017, so it's quite worn by now.

Since they weren't busy I asked the agent again about the new TM30 rule. When I pointed to the 2017 date she showed an expression of surprise. Asked if I avoided a fine because I used an agent, but I don't think she knew the answer since she reached out to take my passport back so she could check. I thanked her kindly and said not to bother, leave it be. We all know how that would have turned out if she had gotten on the phone to immigration.

So we have one data point that appears the new rule isn't enforced if you use an agent. Hope someone reports back soon that doesn't use an agent what their experience was.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

I tried registering for the TM.30 app this morning. I could not do so. The app is constructed for use by a Thai National IMO. There were several support document attachments required that really did not apply to me again IMO.

My situation may be different than most others. Again I own a house by being the director of a company that owns said house.

I will likely head over to Manareet next week and ask for their input concerning this matter.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

I tried registering for the TM.30 app this morning. I could not do so. The app is constructed for use by a Thai National IMO. There were several support document attachments required that really did not apply to me again IMO.

My situation may be different than most others. Again I own a house by being the director of a company that owns said house.

I will likely head over to Manareet next week and ask for their input concerning this matter.

Can you please let me know what the app is called as I couldn't find anything in App Store.

I can connect using their website.

9 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

Can you please let me know what the app is called as I couldn't find anything in App Store.

I can connect using their website.

I suggest that you read the @forcebwithu posts near the beginning of this thread. The app is accessed through urls rather than a standard phone app. I am actually accessing it via Win 11 on a laptop. The behavior of the app is fine, but some of what they are asking for in supporting documentation just to register does not make sense to me. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

I finally dragged my lazy butt over to Maneerat this Morning. We got there at about 11 AM and there was no line to speak of. There was a bit of a queue when we left about half an hour later. 

Talked to a nice lady about what I need.

• Yep, I need a TM.30 - Maneerat will do for 500
  • Extension of Stay for O Visa can be done now and it is a good idea to get er done, as Immigration will slow things down starting on November 15th. Maneerat will do for 8000
  • Added a single re-entry for 1000

That's a total of 9,500 and I have a busy day tomorrow. (Bank, fotos, back to Maneerat, over to Immigration for a foto)

• Great Info 1

22 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

I finally dragged my lazy butt over to Maneerat this Morning. We got there at about 11 AM and there was no line to speak of. There was a bit of a queue when we left about half an hour later. 

Talked to a nice lady about what I need.

• Yep, I need a TM.30 - Maneerat will do for 500
  • Extension of Stay for O Visa can be done now and it is a good idea to get er done, as Immigration will slow things down starting on November 15th. Maneerat will do for 8000
  • Added a single re-entry for 1000

That's a total of 9,500 and I have a busy day tomorrow. (Bank, fotos, back to Maneerat, over to Immigration for a foto)

I must have just missed you at Maneerat. I stopped in about the same time to inquire about using their service for my drivers license renewal. Unfortunately they don't offer that service.

Re: license renewal. I'm on the fence as to doing it myself again, or using a service. Main reason for using a service is to avoid wasting my time standing in lines on two separate days. One to get an appointment, and the second to get the license. Talk about doubling up on pointless govt bureaucracy.

I contacted one service others have recommended, Mots Services. My question to them was why they charge 3000B for one license and 5000B for both a motorbike and car. That's 67% more for a service that takes the same amount of time whether it's for one or two licenses. The only difference is a few hundred baht more for the 2nd license. Their reply didn't answer my question, just stated "Our pricing is competitive with our rivals".

Without a good answer to that question I consider it just taking the piss with the customer and is enough to push me towards brining a book to read while I waste my time and doing the license myself.

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2