Photo drop kanchanaburi.

Phantom51red

Dunno if you have been before Phantom, but Hellfire Pass is WELL worth a visit mate, about 50klms west of Kanchanaburi town, you likely passed it going to Erawan. Very interesting museum and of course the pass itself which you can walk through.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellfire_Pass

Plus if you are heading to Bangkok next, and if you are interested in cars of all styles, then try to call into the Jesada Museum, it's a great place to wander around, just a little west of the city.

Both those places offer a great alternative to the whoring  and drinking.....

Edited by SteveBC
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

The cave,arrived here around 2pm,no one else here apart from the park rangers and guide.

It's about 15 klm from the falls 

Anyway up the stairs we went 600 metres up the mountain,thought I was on ben nevis again ! Had to stop twice to catch a breath,to much beer and shaggin the night before or the same morning as the bg left about 3am 🙂

I can see why no tourists came here tho.

The guide was great,we talked all the way or I did,I'd showed him mountains in Scotland and the Swiss alps ect and other caves I'd been to in Thailand,it helped take our minds of the steep ascent 

He gave me an amulet during our hike,at the end I gave him 100bht.

Photos from the cave and surrounding area plus the dam which was really impressive,they still haven't caught the tiger.

My last day here today,will prob visit the new skywalk,last time here they were still building it,and just have a general drive around town.

Make sure there are no earthquakes scheduled for your area when you go spelunking. :default_beer_hat:

Southern cave closed after earthquake causes cracks

KRABI: The chief of Than Bok Khorani National Park has closed Phi Hua To cave indefinitely after park rangers found cracks in the rock following an earthquake centred in northern Sumatra early on Tuesday morning.

Park chief Siriwat Suebsai said there were small rockfalls and cracks opened up in the cave, which is in Ao Luk district. 

A 4.8-magnitude  quake was recorded in northern Sumatra at 4.12am on Tuesday.

The cave was closed for the safety of visitors, he said.

• Great Info 3

7 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Travelled here by minibus not minivan from hua hin,changed buses at southern bus terminal bkk 

Took around 5,30 hours with expected roadworks,not to bad but the driver was obviously trying to make up time nearer bkk.

Stayed at the bridge residence Hotel,3 nights 4,462bht,good value with buffet breakfast included,really nice views from the balcony of surrounding mountains.

Photos.

Hotel and views first.

1000036671.jpg1000036670.jpg1000036947.jpg1000036946.jpg1000036948.jpg

1000036945.jpg

Stayed there once but normally choose Good Times next door, as I love the relaxing view while eating breakfast or dinner in their restaurant. GoodTimes have added a second pool now and the rooms overlooking the pond are so large.

Both have good locations for travel and local action.

• Great Info 1

1 hour ago, Phantom51red said:

Some pics from the sky walk,I asked the girl in short skirt and pink top to take a photo of me,happily she obliged.

5 minutes later the 3 of them followed me to the other end of the skywalk..I say followed ad they were heading to the exit after she took the first pic, anyhow she asked if I wanted her to take another photo,why not,it's nice to interact with thais in these kinda places.

It's 60 bht entrance includes slippers and locker for your shoes,can take lift to top,good views.

1000037001.jpg1000037002.jpg1000037003.jpg1000037018.jpg1000037017.jpg1000037013.jpg1000037035.jpg1000037046.jpg1000037036.jpg1000037033.jpg1000037033.jpg1000037044.jpg

1000037004.jpg

1000037049.jpg

1000037025.jpg

1000037012.jpg

1000037023.jpg

1000037040.jpg

Looks like the best place to stand would be underneath the skywalk 🙄

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Stayed there once but normally choose Good Times next door, as I love the relaxing view while eating breakfast or dinner in their restaurant. GoodTimes have added a second pool now and the rooms overlooking the pond are so large.

Both have good locations for travel and local action.

Cheers ,might have a pop in by if time.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SteveBC said:

Dunno if you have been before Phantom, but Hellfire Pass is WELL worth a visit mate, about 50klms west of Kanchanaburi town, you likely passed it going to Erawan. Very interesting museum and of course the pass itself which you can walk through.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellfire_Pass

Plus if you are heading to Bangkok next, and if you are interested in cars of all styles, then try to call into the Jesada Museum, it's a great place to wander around, just a little west of the city.

Both those places offer a great alternative to the whoring  and drinking.....

Cheers,ye been 3 times to hellfire pass last was few months ago where I walked the whole route,that car place looks great pity I've just put back back the bike,next time.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Make sure there are no earthquakes scheduled for your area when you go spelunking. :default_beer_hat:

Southern cave closed after earthquake causes cracks

KRABI: The chief of Than Bok Khorani National Park has closed Phi Hua To cave indefinitely after park rangers found cracks in the rock following an earthquake centred in northern Sumatra early on Tuesday morning.

Park chief Siriwat Suebsai said there were small rockfalls and cracks opened up in the cave, which is in Ao Luk district. 

A 4.8-magnitude  quake was recorded in northern Sumatra at 4.12am on Tuesday.

The cave was closed for the safety of visitors, he said.

Funnily enough if the gf got the time off,we were going to hire car and go to krabi,id be cave exploring while she d stay at apartment,maybe a good omen she couldn't get the time off.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pretty good timing 👌 2 hours later arrived southern terminal ,stopped 3 times but only inside bkk least not at any small towns,driver never went over 80klm,maybe cos we had a monk in the front,who knows,had 1 spare seat between myself and another lady sat aisle seat,not endorsing minivans,but it was pleasant.

On another van now towards hua hin,have a feeling this one will make more stops but no hurry now.

1000037213.jpg1000037214.jpg1000037215.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1