Songkran to last for one month ....

Stillearly

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Had a good day out with friends yesterday. We met early at Nikom to warm up with a few beers. We then wandered out and down to Beach Rd about 1 pm. Seemed to be less people about this year compared to years past. Also was surprised to see vehicle traffic on Beach Rd, thought they were going to block it off from Klang to Tai.

Eventually we turned up Soi 7 and stopped at Fore Play bar. I was first to order and when I asked how much for the Leo was told 90B. Next one in our group who hadn't heard me ask, asked the same question and was told 95B. The rest of your group of six were charged 100B.

We stayed long enough to finish our overpriced beer and then moved on. On the way out I mentioned to the lady who did the multi-tiered pricing that we all lived here and we didn't appreciate the overcharging on beer prices. Her reply was it was Songkran so prices were higher.

Foolish business decision on her part. Not sure what regular pricing is, but let's say it's 80B which would be about 45B/beer profit. So instead of us staying and having a couple of beers at her bar, we left after one beer. So in the end she earned an extra 20B/person and gave up the 45B/person she would have earned if we had stayed and had at least one more round. She also lost our future custom as we'll be sure to avoid her bar going forward.

I noticed this too in a  couple of bars during my Songkran rounds - yesterday I paid 95b in a 2nd Rd bar for my Heineken and I know it's usually cheaper - the place was packed, too so I'm sure they did well. 

I started out by Central and walked down Soi 7 from the 2nd Rd end - seemed pretty busy all the way down but not quite as packed as it had been on Monday when I was last there; then I turned on to Beach Rd and walked down to Soi 13 - I didn't find the crowds quite as thick as I thought they'd be but the various music sources were loud enough to be physically nauseating so I went up Soi 13 and hung out on 2nd Rd for a while, blasting full pickups and baht busses - moving targets are always more fun and nobody seemed to mind, most returning fire if they could. I then took a beer break in the Chicken Coop and watched the action around there for a bit, thence to Cherry Bar for a while and eventually up to Soi Buakhow where things get a little foggy...

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Eventually we turned up Soi 7 and stopped at Fore Play bar. I was first to order and when I asked how much for the Leo was told 90B. Next one in our group who hadn't heard me ask, asked the same question and was told 95B. The rest of your group of six were charged 100B.

We stayed long enough to finish our overpriced beer and then moved on. On the way out I mentioned to the lady who did the multi-tiered pricing that we all lived here and we didn't appreciate the overcharging on beer prices. Her reply was it was Songkran so prices were higher

I bet she was an old fat trollop,who's to lazy to even finger her rotten old fish,its one of those falang discrimination moments,I guess her shabby songkran excuse did her well during the fest.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

8 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

[...]

She also lost our future custom as we'll be sure to avoid her bar going forward.

She lost a lot more future custom as a lot more people read this and remember. I would nearly recommend somebody drop her a link to this thread and more specifically your post (and the reactions to it).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Freee!! said:

She lost a lot more future custom as a lot more people read this and remember. I would nearly recommend somebody drop her a link to this thread and more specifically your post (and the reactions to it).

With the defamation laws such as they are here, I wouldn't want to push it beyond a verbal exchange.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

With the defamation laws such as they are here, I wouldn't want to push it beyond a verbal exchange.

Why do you think I included that "nearly". As far as I am concerned, she can wonder till the end of her days about the sudden drop in numbers.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Had a good day out with friends yesterday. We met early at Nikom to warm up with a few beers. We then wandered out and down to Beach Rd about 1 pm. Seemed to be less people about this year compared to years past. Also was surprised to see vehicle traffic on Beach Rd, thought they were going to block it off from Klang to Tai.

We stayed long enough to finish our overpriced beer and then moved on. On the way out I mentioned to the lady who did the multi-tiered pricing that we all lived here and we didn't appreciate the overcharging on beer prices. Her reply was it was Songkran so prices were higher.

Foolish business decision on her part. Not sure what regular pricing is, but let's say it's 80B which would be about 45B/beer profit. So instead of us staying and having a couple of beers at her bar, we left after one beer. So in the end she earned an extra 20B/person and gave up the 45B/person she would have earned if we had stayed and had at least one more round. She also lost our future custom as we'll be sure to avoid her bar going forward.

Yep. they never are able to figure that shit out. I almost feel sorry for them they are so stu..... 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

For those that have expressed doubts that the water used during Songkran is dirty...

65 children fall sick from Songkran foam party

At least 65 children were diagnosed with rotavirus after joining a foam party celebrating the Songkran festival in Muang district.

The children were taken to Chao Phraya Yommarat Hospital and other private hospitals for treatment of diarrhoea, upset stomach, high fever, vomiting and rashes. Some were discharged while others remain under care.

They came down with the symptoms after joining a Songkran event at the Banana Conservation Centre in Suphan Buri, where a water tunnel and foam party had been arranged.
Mr Sorachud said the virus might have originated in the water used at the event. Authorities are waiting for test results to see if the water was contaminated. “No one wanted the situation to turn out like this; it was meant to be a safe space for children,” he added.

image.jpeg

• Sad 6