Who would have guessed it the small world

Yesitisdakid

11 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I make no secret of the fact that the vloggers in general don't impress me. There's only two of them that I watch and I don't watch them regular but when they bring out a new YouTube video I tend to watch them. That's Pattaya Doyle the Irish kid and steady Eddie.

So I'm up here in udon, stopped by the Central Market my hotel is just around the corner and I hear a voice that I knew I turned the corner there he is steady Eddie buying a cup of coffee from a street vendor and interviewing her. I took a few moments to say hello to him I think he was happy when I told him he was one of only a couple vloggers that I ever watched. Small world

It's things like that which will help keep a smile on your face all day.

1 hour ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I make no secret of the fact that the vloggers in general don't impress me. There's only two of them that I watch and I don't watch them regular but when they bring out a new YouTube video I tend to watch them. That's Pattaya Doyle the Irish kid and steady Eddie.

So I'm up here in udon, stopped by the Central Market my hotel is just around the corner and I hear a voice that I knew I turned the corner there he is steady Eddie buying a cup of coffee from a street vendor and interviewing her. I took a few moments to say hello to him I think he was happy when I told him he was one of only a couple vloggers that I ever watched. Small world

What's more important: did he recognize you too?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Yeah, Eddie comes across as just a regular unpretentious guy. His voice takes some getting use to for me but it's way better than the grating guy on Everything Pattaya or the Issan Farang doofus.

But I wouldn't mind poking IF's woman.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Are you talking about Ed Sweeny the guy from Liverpool UK.? 

5 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Are you talking about Ed Sweeny the guy from Liverpool UK.? 

I know him as steady Eddie the name he uses on his videos could be the same guy I couldn't tell you but I'm sure somebody here will know.

13 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I know him as steady Eddie the name he uses on his videos could be the same guy I couldn't tell you but I'm sure somebody here will know.

Was he wearing a shell suit and telling people to ‘Calm down soft lad’.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Is it this guy? Should have posted in the first instance to save any confusion. Apologies Larry. 

Screenshot_20240208_000514_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

I'd agree on Ed Sweeney(or Steady Eddie as he's now rebranded)  being one of the better vloggers.  Though like many he's suffered from running out of things to vlog or livestreaming that's never interested me

Saw him once in Retox Game on ordering his breakfast. The girl who was serving was new the job I'd say. Nice the way he stayed patient and polite as the order dragged on.

He comes across as very honest, particulary about his boozing.

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

I'd agree on Ed Sweeney(or Steady Eddie as he's now rebranded)  being one of the better vloggers.  Though like many he's suffered from running out of things to vlog or livestreaming that's never interested me

Saw him once in Retox Game on ordering his breakfast. The girl who was serving was new the job I'd say. Nice the way he stayed patient and polite as the order dragged on.

He comes across as very honest, particulary about his boozing.

Im a subscriber..... And his travel videos are quite good and usually give me a chuckle or 2. However, he does repeat himself, not just once or twice but annoyingly many times. 

Another gripe, and I'm probably being harsh, he doesn't seem interested in learning the most basic of the Thai language. Telling Thais that he's doing a review of a bar/ restaurant in English and in a scouse accent makes me chuckle. 

That said, he's planning on settling in Cambodia. 

His live streams bore me to death though. Good enough chap but not a patch on Geoff Carter. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Im a subscriber..... And his travel videos are quite good and usually give me a chuckle or 2. However, he does repeat himself, not just once or twice but annoyingly many times. 

Another gripe, and I'm probably being harsh, he doesn't seem interested in learning the most basic of the Thai language. Telling Thais that he's doing a review of a bar/ restaurant in English and in a scouse accent makes me chuckle. 

That said, he's planning on settling in Cambodia. 

His live streams bore me to death though. Good enough chap but not a patch on Geoff Carter. 

I can understand all of your criticisms.

He has though done some decent stuff  amongst all the chaff.

Interesting he's settling on Cambodia, that did seem to be his first love, rather than LOS.

Still he comes across as honest and decent that aren't qualities usually associated with the average blogger.

Really don't get live streams unless you are ill or house bound with no immediate prospects if travel.

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/7/2024 at 5:33 AM, Yesitisdakid said:

You made his latest video.  About 9.5 minutes in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, KWA said:

You made his latest video.  About 9.5 minutes in.

10.5 in the one I'm viewing of UT.

Nice hi-vis hoodie @Soi 7 but what's that cap all about? Are you in UT for the game?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trip said:

10.5 in the one I'm viewing of UT.

Nice hi-vis hoodie @Soi 7 but what's that cap all about? Are you in UT for the game?

I'll be back home in Pattaya for the Super Bowl but is I dislike both teams with a passion I probably won't watch it.

2 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I'll be back home in Pattaya for the Super Bowl but is I dislike both teams with a passion I probably won't watch it.

That's a shame, good crowd/food at Brick House. Several of we locals are hitting there for the show.

25 minutes ago, Trip said:

That's a shame, good crowd/food at Brick House. Several of we locals are hitting there for the show.

, I had a drink in there yesterday looks like a nice place probably get something to eat over there later but will be back home for the Super Bowl

53 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

, I had a drink in there yesterday looks like a nice place probably get something to eat over there later but will be back home for the Super Bowl

Burgers and Sloppy Joe's are good there but look out for the 199 Baht Weekly Specials. The chef tends to go all out on those.

13 hours ago, Trip said:

Burgers and Sloppy Joe's are good there but look out for the 199 Baht Weekly Specials. The chef tends to go all out on those.

Yes, I had a couple of the specials a couple of months ago. They also have a good variety of beers including Old Speckled Hen on draught, not that that will interest Larry.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

As a die hard Raider fan, so do I. And they are playing in the Raiders house on their field! I live here in Vegas, the stadium is about 8 miles from my house and the tourists, celebrities and tv people are all over the place. I went to a few bars in the downtown Fremont Street area last Saturday and at one, a pint of Dos Equis draft was $14 USD! 

Needless to say, I don't go out much to drink in this particular Sin City. I much prefer Sin City Far East for such activities.

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

As a die hard Raider fan, so do I. And they are playing in the Raiders house on their field! I live here in Vegas, the stadium is about 8 miles from my house and the tourists, celebrities and tv people are all over the place. I went to a few bars in the downtown Fremont Street area last Saturday and at one, a pint of Dos Equis draft was $14 USD! 

Needless to say, I don't go out much to drink in this particular Sin City. I much prefer Sin City Far East for such activities.

Yeah, I feel your pain. It's not 2X but a mate recently turned me onto a place in Thong Lor, Old English or something like that with 45 Baht Leo pints.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aqualung said:

Just viewed steady Eddy's live stream from Udon.

He actually said he was repetitive (2 times!) 

Then went onto say the city centre was bland. 6 feckin times. 

There's an Aussie comedian named Chris Widdows that goes by Steady Eddy because he has cerebral palsy. Hats off to him, doesn't play victim but uses the disability as an aide to his act.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

Yes, I had a couple of the specials a couple of months ago. They also have a good variety of beers including Old Speckled Hen on draught, not that that will interest Larry.

He seems more like a draft pepsi man.

• Like 1