Traffic Chaos

Smiling sitting out here in the burbs having a glass of late night wine.

I read a Pattaya News article yesterday saying that Suk is going to be partially shutdown near Pattaya Nua for an undetermined period of time. I know you live not all that far from there. Hope the North bound backups are not too big of a pain for you.

I like taking 7 from our place to do our weekly grocery shopping at the Little Walk Villa Market. The way I read the article the Southbound exit from 7 onto Suk should be relatively unaffected. The Northbound entrance onto 7 from Suk should also be ok. In both cases if the other directional backups become severe enough it might block access to the access points that I described.

We shall see.

Just now, Derek Dangleberries said:

For some reason, I read the topic title and presumed it was about the M25 .... But this looks worse!!

Well Done Thailand - The Hub of traffic chaos ...

Yep, the M25 is indeed closed in one section this weekend for the first time in years to demolish a bridge.

Not that the M25 needs any help turning itself into a total clusterfuck anyway.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Smiling sitting out here in the burbs having a glass of late night wine.

I read a Pattaya News article yesterday saying that Suk is going to be partially shutdown near Pattaya Nua for an undetermined period of time. I know you live not all that far from there. Hope the North bound backups are not too big of a pain for you.

I like taking 7 from our place to do our weekly grocery shopping at the Little Walk Villa Market. The way I read the article the Southbound exit from 7 onto Suk should be relatively unaffected. The Northbound entrance onto 7 from Suk should also be ok. In both cases if the other directional backups become severe enough it might block access to the access points that I described.

We shall see.

I only use two wheels or two feet to get around Pattaya, so traffic backups don't really impact me.

As for the Sukhumvit road construction, you're ok if you're going southbound, but northbound can have huge backups. I live just south of the northbound underpass entrance and often times see traffic backed up on Suk as they wait to enter the underpass. That means you'll have a long wait in traffic to get to the Hwy 7 entrance.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

As for the Sukhumvit road construction, you're ok if you're going southbound, but northbound can have huge backups. I live just south of the northbound underpass entrance and often times see traffic backed up on Suk as they wait to enter the underpass. That means you'll have a long wait in traffic to get to the Hwy 7 entrance.

Yep, I think the Southbound off of 7 onto Suk flow should be fine. Actually it will probably be better than usual because the traffic on Suk from the North will be severely constrained.

Yeah, I am wondering a bit about how bad the Northbound backups will be on Suk. I come out of Little Walk and do a u-turn before Pattaya Klang and the underpass. If this gets too annoying, I can just stay on Southbound Suk most of the way home. The backups at Boon Kachana and Chiyapruek are not nearly as bad as they used to be.

5 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I only use two wheels or two feet to get around Pattaya, so traffic backups don't really impact me.

So.... If going down to Jom beach for the day should be easy getting down there, but coming back might be hellish ?

Would waiting until 8 or 9 pm make it doable ?

Now that I am thinking about it I wouldn't be using Suk anyway (I think). Baht busing it.

Edited by Glasseye

8 hours ago, Glasseye said:

So.... If going down to Jom beach for the day should be easy getting down there, but coming back might be hellish ?

Now that I am thinking about it I wouldn't be using Suk anyway (I think). Baht busing it.

I would suggest taking a look at Google Maps. Their direction screen will show one where the congestion is.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Glasseye said:

It's usually not too hard getting from Pattaya to Jomtien by baht bus if you get on them at the school where they line up, but getting back can be a hassle sometimes - mind you, I haven't been over there since they made Jomtien Beach Rd one way although somehow I don't think this will change the congestion on the busses coming back...

• Like 1