Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

19 hours ago, galenkia said:

One more episode to go on this on Disney.

IMG_0226.jpeg

I watched S01 of this show and thought it was decent. IMDB of 7.4

I did like the prequel "Justified" a lot more (2010) IMDB 8.6. 6 seasons with 78 episodes. Walton Goggins is sensational one of the main heavies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Just watched episode 1 of Fallout ....on Amazon Prime based on a video game apparently .... a mate recommended it , first episode certainly held my attention and I love the soundtrack 👍

IMG_6814.webp

Good glad to be reading this. I have it queued in a "to watch" list.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Kind of a sad item (at least for me) to report. For years I have been using "Subscene" as my go to place for subs. They shut down operations yesterday with only a 12 hour notice. I am not sure what an underlying reason might have been.

One former user is recommending "Subdl" as an alternative.

https://subdl.com/

I tried them out today and they are a little ad happy for my tastes. They have reportedly an inventory close to "Subscene". I do not download subs a lot as I usually pick up video materials that come with subs. I could live with "Subdl", but am shopping around as well.

Any recommendations?

I use YTS Subs.

• Great Info 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I use YTS Subs.

Hmmm - when I click on your link I get YFIY subs. This one is definitely ad happy, worse than subdl IMO. Glad that it works for you, but I guess that I will keep looking for now.

I came across this link that lists various sub sites.

https://www.similarweb.com/website/subdl.com/competitors/

Looks like yts-subs and yfiy-subs may be two different things. Anyway my current cunning plan is to go through the list in the link and see if I can find something that I like.

Edited by ChiFlyer

7 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Hmmm - when I click on your link I get YFIY subs. This one is definitely ad happy, worse than subdl IMO. Glad that it works for you, but I guess that I will keep looking for now.

Looks like yts-subs and yfiy-subs may be two different things. Anyway my current cunning plan is to go through the list in the link and see if I can find something that I like.

I'm not even aware if a site is ad happy as uBlock Origin blocks them for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

I use YT Prime (worth it to me). Route through a vpn and no issues mate.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I'm not even aware if a site is ad happy as uBlock Origin blocks them for me.

Thanks. I will give that a go.

Works like a charm with Firefox and Subdl.

Edited by ChiFlyer

I stumbled across this site, which explains what caused the demise of Subscene. =< Money

https://forum.opensubtitles.org/viewtopic.php?t=18643&sid=adb5a46f2bf1a9d59d356ee56a49b37b

This forum seems to be mainly made up of up-loaders near as I can guess.

The good news is that the subscene content is being salvaged by a few other sites. Subdl seems to be one of these. I am noticing items on their site being tagged as subscene.

Re the above post....? Embarrassed to be English watching this. I'm surprised nobody died. 

I realised it was 55 years since England were at a major football final and that interest would be enormous. But the behaviour shown here shows to me why I f***d off out of the UK..... Drugs.... Drugs and a disregard for any respect. 

All those that purposefully turned up without tickets, and there were thousands, broke into Wembley free of charge didn't give a shit for the safety of anyone. 

Watch at your leisure and make up your own minds. 

Disgusting. And it's been going on for decades. 

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, andyajn said:

The "new" Rebus on BBC 1 is worth a watch. Different from the last 2 actors who have played it but probably more like the Rebus I imagined when reading the books

I enjoyed the first episode..
How did you imagine Siobhan? Mine was tall and blonde not short and coloured but this is the BBC eh?

22 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Just noticed they are all available to watch on Disney + as well as Sky ... I missed this series originally, so might start it soon

I have watched S01 of this show. (2024) IMDB 8.0.

This is a 6 episode season that is watchable IMO. S01 concluded in a manner that felt like there would not be a S02. It came across as a limited series.