Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

19 hours ago, galenkia said:

Enjoyed this but the last couple of episodes were somewhat bizarre.

MV5BMTU1N2I5OTgtNDE2MS00ZTdmLWJlODktNDMwMGVmNzY5NmUxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

I am 3 episodes in. I am debating with myself how much I like it. It moves a little slowly and is certainly bizarre. The music and dark shadowing effects are very good.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 12:40 AM, ChiFlyer said:

I have gotten caught up in a recently concluded six season TV series about a SOCAL crime family called "Animal Kingdom". It is based on an Aussie movie by the same name. The TV series has an 8.2 IMDB.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_Kingdom_(TV_series)

Love the heist scenes in this show.

Thanks,

Just downloaded the movie and all 6 series

10 hours ago, LorLing said:

Thanks,

Just downloaded the movie and all 6 series

You’re going to love it, just finished S5 to complete the series out of order. Was very shocked initially to learn the boys who play Jay and  Craig are actually from the UK….last few episodes I noticed a few slips from Craig…..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Just started a free 3 month subscription to Apple TV , watching Ted Lasso .. any other recommendations for programmes to watch ... ? 

To side step your question, I do not subscribe to any streaming service. Instead I use a torrent download service called IPT. You have to be invited to the service by a current member. You also need to have a torrent service installed on your laptop or whatever. I use uTorrent. Does not work well with mobile devices I am told. I have never tried to use it with a mobile device.

I have some IPT invitations available. If you would like to use one of them to check it out, let me know via PM. In order to invite you, you will need to share an e-mail address with me.

IPT usually, but not always, has what I am looking for. When IPT does not have what I am looking for I can often find what I am looking for at the following free streaming service, which is not as ad insane as most other free streaming services.

https://theflixer.tv/tv-show

I prefer downloading to streaming, as streaming has it's hiccups IMO. I also have a high end Windows laptop with 1 TB of SSD to make this work. I use a higher end CAT (now NT) fiber connection for my internet access.

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Just started a free 3 month subscription to Apple TV , watching Ted Lasso .. any other recommendations for programmes to watch ... ? 

Pachinko….8 episodes of 45 minutes. I’m sure you will binge it like I did, amazing story of Japanese/Korean people 

I believe they will ask what language you want before very episode. Much of it IS English. You will see what I mean…..

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Pachinko….8 episodes of 45 minutes. I’m sure you will binge it like I did, amazing story of Japanese/Korean people 

I believe they will ask what language you want before very episode. Much of it IS English. You will see what I mean…..

I watched it and enjoyed it.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/10/2022 at 11:29 PM, ChiFlyer said:

I am 3 episodes in. I am debating with myself how much I like it. It moves a little slowly and is certainly bizarre. The music and dark shadowing effects are very good.

I finished 1899 today, or maybe it finished me. I will say that if you liked any of the following -> "Dark", "Midnight Mass", "Servant", "Castle Rock" (one of the few good Stephen King TV adaptations), you may want to give 1899 a try. 

This was a show where I had to read the episode recap reviews in order to keep up with what was going on. Same was true for the earlier mentioned shows as well.

I thought this recap series was well written, if a bit too positive IMO.

https://www.thereviewgeek.com/1899-s1e1review/

Did I like the show? Still not sure, but I did enjoy it and learned a few things as well (Plato's cave messages for one).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Golfingboy said:

This was supposedly the best cop drama on TV, ever. But even with a VPN, good luck finding it. Unless you purchase the whole series for $80 or pay by episode. Very frustrating, but I’m sure with all the piracy out there, I’ll get to enjoy it one day

image.jpeg

Found it just now, easy as, series 1 to 5

Currently downloading

On 12/20/2022 at 6:26 PM, Sherlock said:

2 more days until Alice in Borderland season 2 starts!!

maxresdefault-3.jpg

Available on IPT now. The 1080 MeGusta version has English-Forced subs, which do not work well for me for some reason, so I downloaded the much larger 1080 web versions (2 GB on average vs about .5 GB for 1080 MeGusta).

I watched S01 about 6 months back. It is black fantasy KTV IMO, but more than watchable in that regard.