Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

My f***d up knee is resulting in me watching far too much TV these days.

Nevertheless, I watched "LOU" today on Netflix which turned out to be a very exciting film centered around a somewhat aging reclusive former CIA agent living with her faithful dog 'Jax".

She turns out to be a real badass and I will not spoil the story.

Being a confirmed dog lover I lived in trepidation that "Jax" might end up as collateral damage and was therefore highly relieved he featured in the last scene.

• Thumbs Up 1

Extraordinary Attorney Woo

This is a warm and cuddly series to some extent about a Korean lawyer who attains success despite being autistic. There is something about the show that I like. Probably because it is about an underdog rising above all odds, despite being persecuted by fools.

Go whales.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraordinary_Attorney_Woo

• Great Info 1

Not Netflix but ITV HUB. 

This is brilliant, tells the story of a far right group and a former member who became an anti fascist activist. And how he infiltrates National Action. 

Stars Stephen Graham so you know it will be good. 

images.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, galenkia said:

Not Netflix but ITV HUB. 

This is brilliant, tells the story of a far right group and a former member who became an anti fascist activist. And how he infiltrates National Action. 

Stars Stephen Graham so you know it will be good. 

images.jpeg

Loved him in Snatch…..yeah I like dags

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, galenkia said:

Brilliant three part documentary about the 2015 Nepal earthquake.

Almost 9000 people lost their lives.

Everest story may interest @Phantom51red

download.jpeg

Talking of avalanches,not sure if this has received coverage in uk,just came up on explorers web page on fb.

On Monday, an avalanche on Draupadi Ka Danda II struck a large group of 41 trainees and their instructors from the Nehru Institute of Mountaineering. According to the Institute’s latest report, 26 bodies have been recovered and three more trainees remain missing.

The group was climbing the roughly 6,000m peak as part of an advanced mountaineering course. They left base camp at 3:30 am, and the avalanche struck at 8:30 am when they were just 150m from the summit.

“The avalanche was so massive that we did not even get any time to think of anything,” survivor Rohit Bhatt told Asianet News. “If we had even 10 seconds, we could have saved more lives.”

He explained that the slide swept the group down into a gorge. Bhatt had time to plant his ice ax, which saved his life.

a rescuer, arms outstretched, guides a helicopter down

Frame from a video taken during the rescue.

The surviving mountaineers did their best to aid the victims. All the Institute’s available students and instructors went to assist. Soon, the State Disaster Response Force, the Indo-Tibetan Border Police, and the Indian Air Force joined in. The search will continue tomorrow for the three trainees still missing.

Two instructors perished in the avalanche, including Everest and Makalu summiter Savita Kanswal.

• Great Info 1
  • Sad 4

11 hours ago, galenkia said:

Good documentary about the fentanyl crisis in Downtown Eastside Vancouver.

MV5BMGVjYTYzNGItN2I1NS00Mzk2LWJiYzUtNDE3MTAyMGM5ZjI5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTAzMjc3OTU3._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

I watched a good part of that a while back. That stuff and the new mixes they are coming out with recently is fucking nasty, nasty, nasty.

I guess it allows some people to be a unattached from life and/or the hardships presented by it as much as possible. In other words be asleep for as long as possible without dying. I suppose many who have reached that point don't have a major concern if they make it through the next week, let alone find some way to turn their lives around. 

I am not being judgmental in my thoughts regarding what I am saying here as there is a fine line with addiction. But that fentanyl is Dog awful. 

I am kind of curious as to what the stats are regarding the percentage of people who get caught up in that actually are able to pull it together and recover - relative to other forms of substance abuse.