Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

On 6/9/2022 at 8:41 PM, galenkia said:

Just watched this. Fucking mental how he got away with it for so long when he basically admitted it in interviews for decades.

Who you know and all that.

MV5BMDM1YzNmMWUtZTk1Yi00OGViLTkxZDEtNzExNzQ3YjQ0NjUyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

not sure how I missed this post @galenkia - Ever since Louie Theroux did his doco on JS, I've had a morbid interest on how he was protected by so many, and how he managed to get away with it.

There's a comedian called Jerry Sadowitz who was effectively banned by the BBC and other channels (apart from CH4) because he had some very accurate and outspoken views on JS baxck in the 80's and 90's which , it turns out, were all true and accurate.

Going to check this out tonight.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Butch said:

not sure how I missed this post @galenkia - Ever since Louie Theroux did his doco on JS, I've had a morbid interest on how he was protected by so many, and how he managed to get away with it.

There's a comedian called Jerry Sadowitz who was effectively banned by the BBC and other channels (apart from CH4) because he had some very accurate and outspoken views on JS baxck in the 80's and 90's which , it turns out, were all true and accurate.

It's a good though disturbing watch.

Saw the Louis documentary as well, obvious he was a wrong'un. Proper unhealthy interest in his mother, shade's of Norman Bates.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Butch said:

I loved Jerry Sadowitz never knew he clocked Saville as wrong 'un.

The Netflix doc is good and well put together but the book Hiding in Plain Sight is much better.

Its terrifying on reflection how he got away with it all that charity bollocks he did  ..... Jerry Sadowitz said his favourite ever joke was Angus the ..... look it up.

• Like 3

On 6/9/2022 at 8:41 PM, galenkia said:

Just watched this. Fucking mental how he got away with it for so long when he basically admitted it in interviews for decades.

Who you know and all that.

MV5BMDM1YzNmMWUtZTk1Yi00OGViLTkxZDEtNzExNzQ3YjQ0NjUyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Just watched this after @galenkia 's recommendation.

JS really was a horrible c**t. What is more shocking is that throughout he persistently insinuated his attraction at young girls, but delivered it in such a way as a humorous retort to a question.

He was indeed hiding in plain sight, protected by the higher echelons of the BBC and basically had carte blanche to do whatever he wanted. And he did.

The victims who came out and bravely described what he had done to them, were deeply moving.

Not a happy Saturday nights evenings family viewing, but definitely worth a look.

• Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...

Just started watching "Peaky Blinders" and am really enjoying. I was somewhat sceptical of whether it would be worth continuing with after the first couple of episodes but i'm glad i persevered.

Great characters and acting not to forget the scenes/locations of England in 1919.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, CampariO said:

The man from Toronto

A case of mistaken identity forces a bumbling entrepreneur to team up with a notorious assassin.

1.jpg

Quite funny action movie. I like it.

Yeah, the less said about this one the better!