Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

On 8/17/2022 at 3:52 PM, galenkia said:

Thought this was really good. 

Really feel for Manti, comes across as a proper decent person, just somewhat naive and vulnerable. Has a heart of gold. 

download.jpeg

So finally watched it. Don’t know what to say, after 2 hours I don’t think it answered that many more questions, than what I read online. Truly bizarre, but I don’t blame Manti, he was from a poor Mormon family in Hawaii, he was a young,easy and gullible target. Then to have people question if he’s gay or not, the media ripped him to shreds. His draft stock really plummeted, 38th overall is not awful, but without the scandal he was going 15th or better.

Would have liked him to have a longer NFL career, he was done before he turned 30 and apparently “only” made $10M, which is like 5 after taxes. Anyway, settled down with a great girl and baby #2 is on the way, looks like he’s happy……

image.png

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Great Info 1

On 12/22/2022 at 7:39 PM, Stillearly said:

The Wire is probably the best TV series I've watched , loved GOT and Sopranos as well , Dexter early series was good and the reboot Series , Boardwalk Empire lost my interest after the first series  ... like you I missed Breaking Bad and the spin-off completely ... but it's on my list ..

Steelers For Life told me a few years ago to watch The Wire and to be honest I couldn't get into it.

FFW  to November gone I remembered all about it gave it another go and its brilliant.

Shame I couldn't tell him he was right 😮

Sopranos surprisingly is another one iv never given chance and I usually love Wiseguy stories.

Maybe give it another go

Edited by roomark
  • Thumbs Up 3

11 minutes ago, roomark said:

Steelers For Life told me a few years ago to watch The Wire and to be honest I couldn't get into it.

FFW  to November gone I remembered all about it gave it another go and its brilliant.

Shame I couldn't tell him he was right 😮

Sopranos surprisingly is another one iv never given chance and I usually love Wiseguy stories.

Maybe give it another go

The Wire is brilliant, so well casted and many were unknown actors. 

Sopranos was my original “this will never be topped” series. It was ahead of its time and set the standard. But even having grown up with many Italian friends and loving their food/culture…..I must give a slight nod to Breaking Bad. Had a DVD box then caught the final season live…..couldn’t turn it off. Was that good

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

The Wire is brilliant, so well casted and many were unknown actors. 

Sopranos was my original “this will never be topped” series. It was ahead of its time and set the standard. But even having grown up with many Italian friends and loving their food/culture…..I must give a slight nod to Breaking Bad. Had a DVD box then caught the final season live…..couldn’t turn it off. Was that good

If you like a good crime series watch Kaleidoscope on Netflix, I thought it was brilliant .

• Thanks 2
  • Great Info 1

4 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Just out of curiosity, given the random access method to the sequencing of the episodes by NetFlix, do you have a suggested sequence? I have read several. Here is what I have read.

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/kaleidoscope-whats-the-best-episode-order/

I just watched it as it came on Netflix. Don't really think it makes any difference to the order you watch it.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Just out of curiosity, given the random access method to the sequencing of the episodes by NetFlix, do you have a suggested sequence? I have read several. Here is what I have read.

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/kaleidoscope-whats-the-best-episode-order/

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

I just watched it as it came on Netflix. Don't really think it makes any difference to the order you watch it.

IMDB lists nine episodes with the E01 titled "Black". When I check IPT for the torrent download I only see E02 - E09. The episode order link also only lists eight episodes, with Black also missing. Is that an inside joke with the series that I need to watch the series to understand?

BTW, thanks for the recommendation. I've added it to my long queue of must watch series.

14 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

IMDB lists nine episodes with the E01 titled "Black". When I check IPT for the torrent download I only see E02 - E09. The episode order link also only lists eight episodes, with Black also missing. Is that an inside joke with the series that I need to watch the series to understand?

BTW, thanks for the recommendation. I've added it to my long queue of must watch series.

One of them is only one minute

Since we talk about IPT and torrents in this thread a little, I decided to put this post here. It is more of a technical issue for IPT and more accurately the torrent one uses with it, as IPT is a torrent site.

In mid-December my IPT downloads started stalling out much more frequently. At about the same time my overall IPT stats about what I had currently running became very inaccurate. I thought it was likely a holiday inattention problem by the IPT staff at first, but when it persisted I started digging through the Forum tech problem topics.

I noticed that there were other persons having similar, but not identical problems. I posted a description of my problem and got a pretty quick response saying that I should migrate from bittorrent to qBittorrent. This had been suggested to me over at PA a while back. At that time I checked out qBittorrent, but did not like the feel compared to the product that I was used to. Old Dogs and New Tricks I guess.

Anyway I did the migration and everything got straightened away. I actually like the current feel of qBittorrent better than the one I was used to for many (7?) years. Old dogs can still growl a little from time to time I guess.

• Great Info 1

8 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Since we talk about IPT and torrents in this thread a little, I decided to put this post here. It is more of a technical issue for IPT and more accurately the torrent one uses with it, as IPT is a torrent site.

In mid-December my IPT downloads started stalling out much more frequently. At about the same time my overall IPT stats about what I had currently running became very inaccurate. I thought it was likely a holiday inattention problem by the IPT staff at first, but when it persisted I started digging through the Forum tech problem topics.

I noticed that there were other persons having similar, but not identical problems. I posted a description of my problem and got a pretty quick response saying that I should migrate from bittorrent to qBittorrent. This had been suggested to me over at PA a while back. At that time I checked out qBittorrent, but did not like the feel compared to the product that I was used to. Old Dogs and New Tricks I guess.

Anyway I did the migration and everything got straightened away. I actually like the current feel of qBittorrent better than the one I was used to for many (7?) years. Old dogs can still growl a little from time to time I guess.

Newbie luck more than anything, but settled on qBittorrent as a client many years ago when I first started using torrents for my entertainment source. Never had a problem with the software, knock on wood.

• Thumbs Up 2