Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

On 3/24/2023 at 2:44 AM, galenkia said:

Thought this was good.

B8F6BAEC-C0EF-4068-AEAD-099440483F99.jpeg

Just watched first 2 episodes  Mind boggling how that happened and the events after the initial raid  

Unfortunately there are still plenty of nutters around and cults in the US. Excellent documentary. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I found "The Snow Girl S01 (La Chica de Nieve)" to be interesting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Snow_Girl_(TV_series)

It is a dark and troubled story. It is a Spanish release carried by Netflix with decent subs. Good to revitalize your Spanish vocab.

It has a 6.8 IMDB rating, which I believe is seriously understated because of the non-English audio. I would put it more at 7.7.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 3/29/2023 at 1:44 AM, Sherlock said:

Clark, based on the true story of Clark Olofsson. Starring Bill Skarsgard ( the Marquis, main villain in the new John Wick movie), he is also a son and brother of a very large Swedish acting family!!!

This is the guy that gave the world the phrase "Stockholm Syndrome".

In Swedish, but with subtitles. Very good series. 8.5/10

clark_ver2_xlg.jpg

Watched a few episodes. I really did not care for it. The protagonist was more than a little too glib IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, galenkia said:

Finished these two on Netflix and Disney this morning. Enjoyed both of them.

75FEE286-A142-48E6-A011-151B4DDD91C0.jpeg

9EC74D49-0B5D-473A-8F38-4F57029398D1.jpeg

Alaska was highly promoted when it premiered on local Canadian TV last year. Watched an episode or 2 and didn’t care for it, maybe I never gave it a chance…..

There’s a similar one filmed in Vancouver but set in Montana called Big Sky. 3rd season now done, probably for good, I enjoyed it but they just keep trying to re-invent the wheel IMO.

Found out a main character  is actually the daughter of one of Canada’s best football players back in the day……Alex Bunbury

image.png

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/29/2023 at 1:44 AM, Sherlock said:

Clark, based on the true story of Clark Olofsson. Starring Bill Skarsgard ( the Marquis, main villain in the new John Wick movie), he is also a son and brother of a very large Swedish acting family!!!

This is the guy that gave the world the phrase "Stockholm Syndrome".

In Swedish, but with subtitles. Very good series. 8.5/10

clark_ver2_xlg.jpg

Watched a few episodes a few months back. Just could not get into it probably because of the glibness of the Clark character, who I understand is based on a real person. Oops it looks like I am repeating myself. I would have deleted this post, but I do not know hoe to.

Edited by ChiFlyer

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

Excellent.

For me Netflix has the best crime documentary series by far.

9D0E332B-F8F1-45C6-873B-05CCFBB27909.jpeg

Terrible, evil crime….remember I was driving in a snowstorm about 10 hours west of Montreal when it came on the radio. My van needed an oil change once I got there. Remember watching CNN in the waiting room, was all over the news, and a French salesman at the dealership asking me what a “hoodie” was 😂

• Like 1

On 4/13/2023 at 11:35 PM, Golfingboy said:

Terrible, evil crime….remember I was driving in a snowstorm about 10 hours west of Montreal when it came on the radio. My van needed an oil change once I got there. Remember watching CNN in the waiting room, was all over the news, and a French salesman at the dealership asking me what a “hoodie” was 😂

I remember the day as well. A few weeks before this happened, I was packing and lining up a work visa for an IT assignment in Melbourne. I was pretty excited to finally see a little of Australia, with some chance for a few side trips (Bali ?).

At the last minute I got pulled by management for an assignment in rural IL. Such is life working IT assignments. At the time the rural IL assignment played Fox News on the cafeteria TVs. As short term hired help, I could not directly complain about Fox News being shown in the cafeteria, but I discussed it with a few employee co-workers and they said it was being addressed. A few weeks later Fox News was replaced with some kind of health care channel. Good things happen at times.

I was sitting at my team table shortly after that when I got a pushed news alert to my laptop from MSNBC (which almost never happens) about this particular terrorist attack. Several of my team mates noticed that I was visibly shaken, and asked if Fox News had been brought back. Bad things happen at times as well. At least Fox News was not brought back.

I will give this documentary style show a watch.   

• Great Info 1

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Just finished watching the Seven Kings Must Die movie which is the conclusion to The Last Kingdom series. Really enjoyed the series as well as the movie.

image.jpeg

I very much enjoyed the series as well and was looking forward to this movie. I will start looking for a download. I see that the movie has a 7.4 IMDB, which is not all that bad. 

Looks like downloads started becoming available on IPT 2 days ago. The comments tend to be favorable on the quality. 

Edited by ChiFlyer

On 4/14/2023 at 10:34 PM, ChiFlyer said:

Started watching "The Bear" recently. I would call it a very likeable show. 8.4 IMDB. 30 minute episodes. Stars "Lip" from Shameless. "The Bear" is also set in Chicago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bear_(TV_series)

I am going to double pimp this one. I am 5 episodes in and I really like the series. If you have a Chicago connection (especially a blue collar one), it is a must see. Jeremy Allen White (Lip from the US Shameless series) is fantastic as a person trapped from his Chicago blue collar roots even after achieving national success in the NYC foodie world.

White once again plays an intelligent, highly driven, exceptional person, bonded to a sub-culture that leaves him suffering from anxiety complexes that he attempts to deal with. I can relate on the sub-culture point.

More than worth a watch IMO.

I’m binging Your Honor on whizz.tv. It’s a Showtime original starring Bryan Cranston as a New Orleans judge that covers up his teenage son’s hit and run accident that kills a mob kingpin’s son.  Halfway through season 1 of 2 and it is really good so far.

7 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

I very much enjoyed the series as well and was looking forward to this movie. I will start looking for a download. I see that the movie has a 7.4 IMDB, which is not all that bad. 

Looks like downloads started becoming available on IPT 2 days ago. The comments tend to be favorable on the quality. 

That's where I got my download. The link below is the torrent I downloaded and the quality was excellent.

The.Last.Kingdom.Seven.Kings.Must.Die.2023.1080p.WEBRip.x265-LAMA

Just watched Monster Hunter on Netflix.

Think Resident Evil, but in a desert, with monsters, and not not zombies, and Mila Jovovich, and Tony Jaa!

I suppose its worth wasting 90 mins of your life, rather than disproving Comrade Roobski's fake news!

6/10

MV5BYjA5OTRmODQtY2Y2Ni00Nzk2LTlkNjEtM2E1OWNkMjQzZjE4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA3MDk2NDg2._V1_.jpg

Last nights entertainment. Wanted something with some fantasy action and thought Marvel!

Please dont! 4 Hours I could've spent inhaling exhaust fumes from a bike instead! You will regret the waste of life spent watching this rubbish!

Pish and Pooh!

Fg-ftUAXoAE8rvU.jpg.webp

new-ant-man-and-the-wasp-quantumania-posters-released-for-imax-reald-3d-and-more.jpeg

16 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

That's where I got my download. The link below is the torrent I downloaded and the quality was excellent.

The.Last.Kingdom.Seven.Kings.Must.Die.2023.1080p.WEBRip.x265-LAMA

I had already grabbed a different one.

Last Kingdom Seven Kings Must Die NF WEBRip DDP5 x264-CM

I sampled it, not ready to watch just yet, and the quality looks good and it is also 1080. The LAMA stuff is usually very good.

Edited by ChiFlyer