Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

19 hours ago, galenkia said:

Enjoyed this four part docu drama series.

IMG_0415.jpeg

Cleopatra on the other hand got panned badly by critics. It received a 1.1 IMDB rating, which is pretty far South of terrible. Think I will pass on this one. Would be interested in what others think.

@galenkia - we all like different things for sure. You put in some very much appreciated effort on this thread. Hope I did not offend.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tomorrow night I will be watching the series final of the 6 season "Snowfall" FX show. This show can be criticized on several grounds.

• Glorifying drug dealers
  • Excessive violence
  • Stereotypical Black roles

The central backdrop to the show is the dawn of the crack epidemic in LA that is widely believed to have been funded in part by the CIA in support of the Iran-Contra sham in Nicaragua. I think that there is some truth in that.

The series has an 8.3 IMDB rating and was created by John Singleton of "Boyz n the Hood" fame.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowfall_(TV_series)

I have enjoyed the series start to finish. It is most certainly is not high art and the overacting at times can be a little painful. Still I have stuck with it for 6 years now and am quite interested in how they will finish things up. They have not done a "Dexter" rush in the final season.

On 4/13/2023 at 8:54 PM, galenkia said:

Excellent.

For me Netflix has the best crime documentary series by far.

9D0E332B-F8F1-45C6-873B-05CCFBB27909.jpeg

I finally got around to watching this over the last few days. IMO it is an excellent terrorist crime documentary with an IMDB of 7.5. Really well worth a watch.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Part 2 episodes of this brilliant series that goes behind the scenes of the Tennis World.

Worth watching just for Nick Kyrgios.😂

IMG_0445.jpeg

Name reminds me of one of my all time favorite movies from the early 90s with Swayze, Reaves, and Busey. Watched it again yesterday, still great.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=point+break+1991#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:5530d5ad,vid:ZgHPumVN4Fo

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/20/2023 at 9:29 PM, galenkia said:

Interesting program on antidepressants, and something I can relate to as I’m on them myself.

IMG_0443.jpeg

I watched it as well galenkia, very interesting. I was especially interested in the people (one of which was a psychiatrist) on how they are very slowly reducing their medication, which can sometimes take a couple of years because of the problems and side effects of coming off these medications. 

• Like 1

I noticed that S02 of the following 2 series were available on IPT and were rated very well. I had not noticed S01 of either series so I queued that up. I am enjoying both of these.

From (2022) - IMDB 7.7

https://www.google.com/search?q=from+tv+series&source=hp&ei=E8idZPnJJI_E4-EP2KK90AI&iflsig=AOEireoAAAAAZJ3WI0_-i3QxqxhWBaAa9I9r_tXqRAmj&gs_ssp=eJzj4tVP1zc0LDQyMc-qMi8wYPTiSyvKz1UoKVMoTi3KTC0GAI-CCco&oq=from+&gs_lp=Egdnd3Mtd2l6IgVmcm9tICoCCAQyCBAAGIoFGJECMgsQLhiABBjHARivATIFEAAYgAQyCBAuGIAEGNQCMgsQLhiABBixAxiDATIIEAAYgAQYsQMyCxAuGIAEGLEDGIMBMgUQABiABDIIEC4YgAQY1AIyBRAuGIAESOY6UABYyQ9wAHgAkAEAmAFboAGwA6oBATW4AQHIAQD4AQHCAhQQLhiDARjHARixAxjRAxiKBRiRAsICCxAAGIAEGLEDGIMBwgIREC4YgAQYsQMYgwEYxwEY0QPCAgsQABiKBRixAxiDAcICFBAuGIoFGLEDGIMBGMcBGNEDGJECwgIOEC4YigUYsQMYxwEYrwHCAg4QLhiKBRixAxjUAhiRAsICDhAuGNQCGLEDGIoFGJECwgIIEAAYgAQYyQPCAggQABiKBRiSA8ICDhAuGIMBGLEDGIoFGJECwgIIEC4YgAQYsQM&sclient=gws-wiz

This is another supernatural monsters are after you show, but an entertaining one. Originally shown by MGM.

Carnival Row (2022) - IMDB also 7.7

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnival_Row

This is a fantasy supernatural mystery show. I also find it to be very watchable.

Originally shown by Prime-Video.

Edited by ChiFlyer

Arrival -- 
The film stars Amy Adams as Louise Banks, a linguist enlisted by the United States Army to discover how to communicate with extraterrestrials who have arrived on Earth, before tensions lead to war.