Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

On 5/30/2023 at 10:50 PM, Stillearly said:

Succession ....

I know it's just finished , but I only started watching it tonight ... already on Episode 4 .. really enjoying it 

No spoilers please 🙂 

Just finished S4 , really good show , I binge watched the first three series, then had a break for a couple of weeks before watching the final series 

would definitely recommend 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/20/2023 at 4:03 AM, Stillearly said:

Just finished S4 , really good show , I binge watched the first three series, then had a break for a couple of weeks before watching the final series 

would definitely recommend 

I finished the last season a month or so back. Good show. Worth the time. A dizzying number of awards and nominations. I thought the series final was on target.

I started watching the 5 episode limited series "Waco the Aftermath" IMDB of 7.3 today. I am finding it to be an interesting watch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco:_The_Aftermath

Obviously, this is about the events that occurred subsequent to the massacre at the Branch Davidian Complex. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_siege

There is also a 6 part limited series called "Waco" IMDB 7.9 about the initial siege that I thought was excellent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_(miniseries)   

I may have a little more interest in this particular topic than most others. My father's (he died when I was very young) family had a small ranch/farm about 30 miles East of Waco (horseshoe capitol of the world). I would spend Summers down there at times. Grandma was a Bible thumping serious lady. She also served up icy cold Dr. Pepper and freshly harvested watermelon for me on the side porch on hot Summer afternoons.

In short, I witnessed personally the religious frever that occurs in some of the rural areas of the US. I am proud to say I made it through probably completely unaffected (well at least with regard to the religious frever part). Sorry Grandma, but it just did not make sense.

These are Netflix shows, but I grab them from IPT.

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

I started watching the 5 episode limited series "Waco the Aftermath" IMDB of 7.3 today. I am finding it to be an interesting watch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco:_The_Aftermath

Obviously, this is about the events that occurred subsequent to the massacre at the Branch Davidian Complex. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_siege

There is also a 6 part limited series called "Waco" IMDB 7.9 about the initial siege that I thought was excellent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_(miniseries)   

I may have a little more interest in this particular topic than most others. My father's (he died when I was very young) family had a small ranch/farm about 30 miles East of Waco (horseshoe capitol of the world). I would spend Summers down there at times. Grandma was a Bible thumping serious lady. She also served up icy cold Dr. Pepper and freshly harvested watermelon for me on the side porch on hot Summer afternoons.

In short, I witnessed personally the religious frever that occurs in some of the rural areas of the US. I am proud to say I made it through probably completely unaffected (well at least with regard to the religious frever part). Sorry Grandma, but it just did not make sense.

These are Netflix shows, but I grab them from IPT.

Ooops - I got the Netflix reference wrong. The first series was produced by Paramount. The second by Showtime. Again, I pull most everything from IPT.

51 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Just watched ''The Irishman'' on Netflix, thought it was brill along with Al Pacino, Robert Dinero and Joe Pesci's acting skills. Even as old men their talent never leaves them.

I watched it the morning it came out in 2019. Great cast and story, but almost 3.5 hours…..its long

• Like 1

On 7/17/2023 at 1:27 AM, biggles said:

I have watched the original Bosch series and the sequel. Agree they are excellent entertainment and we'll worth a look. 

Never watched the 2nd series, binged the first part when COVID started.

Little known fact…..Titus’ brother was killed in Chiang Mai many years ago, thieves spiked his drink with enough heroin to kill an elephant 

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

I watched it the morning it came out in 2019. Great cast and story, but almost 3.5 hours…..its long

I got soooooooooooooo much time on my hands these days ''the longer the better'' especially when they're good lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/24/2023 at 10:15 AM, lazarus said:

Binge watched the entire first season last night...(on Amazon Prime). Entertaining...

Thanks for the tip. I was a huge fan of the "I Claudius" series that ran in the US on Public Television many years ago. It will be great to get another take on Livia who was portrayed as a total villainess in the earlier series. 

35 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

Thanks for the tip. I was a huge fan of the "I Claudius" series that ran in the US on Public Television many years ago. It will be great to get another take on Livia who was portrayed as a total villainess in the earlier series. 

I’m also a I Claudius fan 

Found the Domina series very authentic and  accurate  season two is due for release soon 

4 minutes ago, gs joe said:

I’m also a I Claudius fan 

Found the Domina series very authentic and  accurate  season two is due for release soon 

Not to be picky, but S02 is already in progress. I have downloaded the first 4 episodes and the remainder are due over the next few weeks.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/24/2023 at 11:21 AM, Golfingboy said:

Never watched the 2nd series

Well worth it, Bosch becomes a private detective, daughter grows up, so the series focus changes. Not a disappointment as so many sequels are

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just rejoined Netflix , had to do it from scratch as 10 months + had elapsed..

started watching Wednesday, enjoying that so far 👍

watched the Ricky Gervais Super Nature .... a few funny moments, but on the whole found it meh .... 

Lewis Capaldi documentary, really good , he comes across well 👍

IMG_5945.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

The Wham documentary on Netflix was fairly good ...

AR seems like a good bloke who was genuinely happy for GM to go solo at the end , the press used to give him such a bad time saying he had a free ride , but Wham wouldn't have happened without him , nor would GMs career 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/28/2023 at 6:33 AM, Stillearly said:

I enjoyed the first season, unfortunately the release date for S2 in the U.K. hasn't been announced yet 

The first 5 episodes are available on IPT. The rest should soon follow. S02 should be fully available by August 21st.

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 1