Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

On 9/9/2023 at 3:14 AM, Golfingboy said:

Well Top Boy had some awesome moments, terrific show, but……

For me, numbers never lie

4.5 hours total for a final season is not nearly enough! Seemed like they wanted to cram 6 weeks’ worth into the final 2 episodes…..shame really. Don’t know if it’s budget constraints or just a know-it-all director/production team, but many folks on YouTube agree….way too short considering we’ll never see another episode

Just finished it there now.

I thought it was good, good ending, though kinda nicked from The Sopranos ending. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Just finished it there now.

I thought it was good, good ending, though kinda nicked from The Sopranos ending. 

Screen did turn a different color, yes 😂

You know @Krapow I‘m nobody in this world, just a regular. sick middle-aged man dependent on the government to eat, so I’m the last guy who qualifies as an Academy member who critiques show biz…..

But IF you would have asked me last week, what will you enjoy more, the final season of Jaq, Sully, and Dushane.

OR 

Equalizer 3

Would have said you’re tingtong to say Denzel’s performance. But the truth is….I did last night. No doubt the final season was squeezed into too few hours. 

E3 on other hand, damn it was good…was only one IMAX showing, French version and 65 km away in Terrebonne through construction zones…..not driving 75 minutes for a Frog dubbed movie

But……you will get at least 3 jump scares I promise…..in IMAX OMFG would that be fun

Edited by Golfingboy

10 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Screen did turn a different color, yes 😂

You know @Krapow I‘m nobody in this world, just a regular. sick middle-aged man dependent on the government to eat, so I’m the last guy who qualifies as an Academy member who critiques show biz…..

But IF you would have asked me last week, what will you enjoy more, the final season of Jaq, Sully, and Dushane.

OR 

Equalizer 3

Would have said you’re tingtong to say Denzel’s performance. But the truth is….I did last night. No doubt the final season was squeezed into too few hours. 

E3 on other hand, damn it was good…was only one IMAX showing, French version and 65 km away in Terrebonne through construction zones…..not driving 75 minutes for a Frog dubbed movie

But……you will get at least 3 jump scares I promise…..in IMAX OMFG would that be fun

Naw I meant like at the end of The Sopranos, you thought you knew who shot him, but not 100% sure.

22 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Naw I meant like at the end of The Sopranos, you thought you knew who shot him, but not 100% sure.

OK…..That’s been done to death over the years, I think it’s very obvious Tony was killed by New York. When he’s in the boat with Bobby earlier in final season, he said “you probably don’t even hear it when it happens” and everything went black. But I feel sorry for those who watched it live on HBO & thought their cable went bad 😂As to who did it, nobody too high up, they had 200 soldiers to choose from in Brooklyn 

On 9/3/2023 at 7:15 PM, roomark said:

Absolutely brilliant so far (I think there's 5 episodes up so far (not Netflix , but im streaming it)

Brilliant cast too

Just finished watching the series and have to say the final episode was a huge let down. It made a farce out of everything leading up to the end. It left me wondering what the point of the series was given how it ended.  I don't want to say more as it would spoil it for others that may want to watch the series.

• Surprised 1

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Just finished watching the series and have to say the final episode was a huge let down. It made a farce out of everything leading up to the end. It left me wondering what the point of the series was given how it ended.  I don't want to say more as it would spoil it for others that may want to watch the series.

Too bad, everybody is talking about how great this is. Only on Paramount, yes?

On 9/14/2023 at 2:51 PM, forcebwithu said:

Agreed it was an abrupt end , but I heard there's gonna be a s2 so...

7 hours ago, roomark said:

Agreed it was an abrupt end , but I heard there's gonna be a s2 so...

What I found absurd is the major plot line is the "list", and at any time they could have pulled anyone off the list. But it was only after it was too late the group that made the list got all pissy that the people they sent out did what they intended with the list. Major plot hole, IMHO.

6 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Has anyone watched "The Pacific" ? HBO original now on Netflix. 

I take it you mean the 2010 WWII movie and not some nature show.

It has an IMDB of 8.3 and was produced by the same people who did "Band of Brothers". This is high praise indeed. At the same time, I have not watched it.

I found that the Pacific related episodes from the 1973 "World at War" (IMDB 9.2) were excellent for understanding this time period.

I also remember watching a historical documentary that focused on WWII in the Pacific theater, but (sorry) for the life of me I can not remember the name. It was very good. It had one episode that described the animosity between the Aussie and American soldiers stationed in Australia waiting for the push North. The Americans had a little more money and were getting more babes because of that. 🙂

Edited by ChiFlyer

Started watching this, don’t know if I’ll binge all 100+ hours of it though. Like it so far, OMG I grew up with a father whose drinking led to many fights as he had no tolerance but never learned…..much like his son! But Macy’s character, f—k me 6 kids and you aren’t the one taking care of them….it’s funny but hurts knowing poor kids out there actually grow up in this environment 😥 At least my Dad never touched drugs & never missed a mortgage…I always ate! 

BTW only time time I saw Emmy Rossum was opposite Liam Neeson playing a cop all bundled up……she’s very tasty in this, much younger, bares it all…..

Anyone know if the British version is better? 

image.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

I take it you mean the 2010 WWII movie and not some nature show.

It has an IMDB of 8.3 and was produced by the same people who did "Band of Brothers". This is high praise indeed. At the same time, I have not watched it.

I found that the Pacific related episodes from the 1973 "World at War" (IMDB 9.2) were excellent for understanding this time period.

I also remember watching a historical documentary that focused on WWII in the Pacific theater, but (sorry) for the life of me I can not remember the name. It was very good. It had one episode that described the animosity between the Aussie and American soldiers stationed in Australia waiting for the push North. The Americans had a little more money and were getting more babes because of that. 🙂

Loved the "Winds of War" and "War and Rememberance" series. Herman Wouk. Tremendous stuff.

I am enjoying this "Pacific" series. Yet, I admit.... difficult to watch at times.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Started watching this, don’t know if I’ll binge all 100+ hours of it though. Like it so far, OMG I grew up with a father whose drinking led to many fights as he had no tolerance but never learned…..much like his son! But Macy’s character, f—k me 6 kids and you aren’t the one taking care of them….it’s funny but hurts knowing poor kids out there actually grow up in this environment 😥 At least my Dad never touched drugs & never missed a mortgage…I always ate! 

BTW only time time I saw Emmy Rossum was opposite Liam Neeson playing a cop all bundled up……she’s very tasty in this, much younger, bares it all…..

image.png

Enjoyable show. I have watched all of it over several years. Part of the draw for me was that I grew up (frequently a little slow on the draw with regard to that) in Chicago. The character personas are obviously overstated, but there is some truth in the cultural picture presented.

Several good young actors came out of this show. Jeremy Allen White (Lip in Shameless, and The Bear).  Cameron Monaghan (Ian in Sameless, The Joker in Gotham, and numerous other recurring roles). Monaghan actually won an award for his work in "Malcom in the Middle". That show was also a launchpad for Bryan Cranston (best known as Walter White in Breaking Bad). I was not a fan of "Malcom in the Middle", maybe I should have been.

I have never seen the UK version of Shameless. I do know that the US version was based on it.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

image.png

I've not seen the US version, but the U.K. original was brilliant ... scatter 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/13/2023 at 6:23 PM, galenkia said:

Good three part documentary about the missing Malaysian plane.

58DE07C5-785A-44ED-9D46-D30CE1E18EF2.jpeg

Finally watching this……my biggest take so far is the ringing cellphones…..If the plane was already at bottom of Indian Ocean, how the hell does it have reception, let alone dial out? 

I’ve watched several videos, mainly Aussie 60 Minutes, IMHO it HAS to be pilot suicide. 
Funny enough, I remember on the old board Lars(RIP) mentioning a quote he heard the first week “that plane will NEVER BE FOUND”- A decade later and they were right-Its like 9/11, some people knew WAY more than we do for sure and the Malaysians have been very dishonest, face-saving BS etc

Speaking of which, when they were talking I recognized that accent…..Then it hit me- Crazy Rich Asians was in Singapore 🇸🇬 which is next door…..same thing as the movie. Strangely enough, worst turbulence I ever experienced I turned that movie on, February/2019……About 45 minutes West of Montreal, if not for the funny film and being pissed from my only lounge visit just prior……I might have died that flight 

• Great Info 1

10 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

I recently started watching "Billions" a drama about WS abuse of the American stock markets and also the government abuse of prosecuting said WS abuse. Interesting show IMO. IMDB 8.3. It is currently airing it's 7th and final season.

Worth a watch IMO if the topic interests one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billions_(TV_series)

I enjoyed S1 when it was first televised, but somehow missed the next few series ... when I realised , it was on S5 ... but I never jumped back into it  🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

I enjoyed S1 when it was first televised, but somehow missed the next few series ... when I realised , it was on S5 ... but I never jumped back into it  🤷‍♂️

Same….back in 2016 I caught 3-4 episodes live on whatever network it was on…..then couldn’t be arsed to pick back up

Love Damian Lewis in Homeland, I stopped watching after his departure. A ginger haired jihadist……what a concept. Claire Danes is OK and maybe the other 10 seasons are too…..but too many other things on