Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

On 9/5/2023 at 4:40 AM, Krapow said:

Last season starts on Thursday, can't wait, Innit fam!

‘Top Boy’ season five review: still the greatest TV show on Netflix

https://www.nme.com/reviews/tv-reviews/top-boy-review-netflix-3491681

I finally got around to watching S05 (S03 on Netflix) of "Top Boy". Great show IMO. I thought they tied it together really well in the final season. So who killed Sully? WARNING - big time spoilers in the following link.

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/drama/top-boy-season-5-ending-who-killed-sully/

I guess the point is the anonymity of his death is a good closing.

This Aussie two part documentary on Netflix is bizarre. Half the people being interviewed are pissed as f**k.

Funniest bit was a car pulling up by a Aussie guy and says ‘we are English and looking for the Larrimah hotel’

And he replied ‘f**k off you pommy bastard’.

😂

IMG_0622.jpeg

• Haha 1

watching the "Beckham" series on netflix.

Very interesting, Interviews with Fergie, Simione and opthers including the Man U Receptionist and locker room janitor!.

To hear the abuse and shit he got after getting sent off, and Hoddle not supporting him was pretty heartbreaking tbh. Coupled with the entire crowd a few years later chanting "Victoria beckham takes it up the arse", he was footballs and arguably Englands most hated man for a while.

It also covers the final few minutes of the match vs Bayern Munich.

Well worth a look.

Untitled.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Butch said:

watching the "Beckham" series on netflix.

Very interesting, Interviews with Fergie, Simione and opthers including the Man U Receptionist and locker room janitor!.

To hear the abuse and shit he got after getting sent off, and Hoddle not supporting him was pretty heartbreaking tbh. Coupled with the entire crowd a few years later chanting "Victoria beckham takes it up the arse", he was footballs and arguably Englands most hated man for a while.

It also covers the final few minutes of the match vs Bayern Munich.

Well worth a look.

Untitled.jpg

The series he did on Disney+ mentoring a young team from the league he played in as a kid was excellent. Comes across as a really nice guy.

Will be watching this as it’s on my list.

• Like 1

Would just like to add to this thread......The ads are not nearly the pain in the arse I thought they would be. There is even a button on my SamsungTV where I can skip an ad, and just resume my episode if I don't want to wait 15-30 seconds.

BTW just got done with S4(of 11) of Shameless, so good! But it's nearly unanimous that 3-4 were the best, and it goes downhill after 5.....Emmy Rossum left after S9 over pay equity, IMO she carried the show, not Macy, who got the biggest paycheque

"Dear Child"

I am about 1/2 way through this 6 episode (IMDB 7.6) limited series. IMO it is worth a watch. A little weird to say the least. It is one of these TV series where one should read the internet recaps to understand what they just saw. It also plods a little at times.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt20863760/

I do find the story line compelling and there is a dark sense of ominous portent that is very well done.

Available on Netflix and IPT.

Oh, forgot to say -> this is a German show, so unless you speak German make sure you are getting a version with decent subs (I play videos with VLC and prefer SDH-English. I dislike dubs). The subs included at IPT are excellent for this show. I would guess Netflix has this well covered as well.

Edited by ChiFlyer