Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

1 minute ago, Golfingboy said:

Got 3 months of AppleTV with my new phone….still not much on there that’s still free. Watched this pilot, OK but not the type of show that blew my mind out of the gate like Breaking Bad, Ray Donovan etc….Long episodes too

Will try Ted Lasso instead next week

image.png

Don’t know about watching the show, but I’d be up for a threesome with those two.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/21/2023 at 8:49 PM, galenkia said:

We both enjoyed this on Netflix.

Always liked Benicia Del Toro since I first saw him in The Usual Suspects, that was a brilliant movie.

IMG_0657.jpeg

I certainly enjoyed that flick. He was very good in Sicario movies.

I you haven't seen either of those - they are "must sees".

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/25/2023 at 4:06 PM, Golfingboy said:

Got 3 months of AppleTV with my new phone….still not much on there that’s still free. Watched this pilot, OK but not the type of show that blew my mind out of the gate like Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Prison Break,Ray Donovan etc….Long episodes too

Will try Ted Lasso instead next week

image.png

Ted Lasso was good for the first series..

14 minutes ago, Zambo said:

Galenkia, seen this?

Screenshot_20231130_000509_Samsung Internet.jpg

Just watched the first episode, is it any good? So far i'm happy with this and 4 series

I can't speak for Galenkia, but I have watched the entire series and found it to be pretty decent. Sandra Oh, as usual, was very good.

Not too sure what you meant by 4 series.

20 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

I can't speak for Galenkia, but I have watched the entire series and found it to be pretty decent. Sandra Oh, as usual, was very good.

Not too sure what you meant by 4 series.

Yes you are correct i meant 4 seasons, bit of a typo there. So i'm starting season 1 and got a few to go.

6 hours ago, galenkia said:

Almost finished this and it’s really good.

IMG_0679.jpeg

I just finished it the other day and I agree. It gets a little disjointed in the early episodes IMO. With regard to the early episodes one might benefit from reading the episode recaps. There are a lot of characters and several different timelines with the same characters being played by different actors due to the age differences. This can be a bit confusing to start with, well it did me anyway. They do bring it nicely together. Maybe nicely is not the right word, effectively is probably better.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

Thanks for this. Certainly has my attention.

It has also reminded me that I have some kind of service that includes a free subscription to Apple TV. It's just at the time I didn't follow through because I didn't have time to be arsed with it. Now I can't remember where the friggen offer is.

It'll come back to me at some point, maybe.

I have shitcanned Netflix. Just about worthless anymore.

All of them (apps) can be a real pain in the ass at times.

I have recently started watching the S01 episodes of 30 Coins (aka Trenta Monedas). It has an IMDB of 7.1. I am through E04 of the 8 S01 episodes The show has become the first thing I watch each day after coffee, stock market reviews, quick looks at the news, and any personal stuff that needs to be addressed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/30_Coins

I am enjoying the show. It is dark.

The show is a Spanish production that was originally released on HBO Europa. I am pulling it from IPT. S02 is in the process of being released. The 30 coins title is a reference to what Judas was paid for betraying Christ. 

Edited by ChiFlyer