Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

"Jack Reacher"     Tom Cruise        Netflix

Jack - "I'm on a budget Sandy, I can't afford you"

Sandy - "I'm not a hooker ! "

Jack - "Then I really can't afford you"

Sandy - "Seriously, I work at the auto parts store"

Jack - "What I mean is, the cheapest woman tends to be the one you pay for"

Edited by Glasseye
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/21/2023 at 5:48 AM, Glasseye said:

"Jack Reacher"     Tom Cruise        Netflix

Jack - "I'm on a budget Sandy, I can't afford you"

Sandy - "I'm not a hooker ! "

Jack - "Then I really can't afford you"

Sandy - "Seriously, I work at the auto parts store"

Jack - "What I mean is, the cheapest woman tends to be the one you pay for"

No joke I must have watched this 25 times on YouTube, seen the movie only twice. Great scene, Alexia is a nice Canadian 🇨🇦girl I can’t afford either……

image.png

• Thumbs Up 1

@Golfingboy Yep, Polly Klaus, the usual lifelong criminal( s) Richard Allen Davis STILL on death row. Took her right  out of her home in Petaluma, Calif.  Everyone in Calif was on this story back in the day. I just cannot imagine having your 12 year old Daughter taken by a creep like this....but sadly it happens. 

I wish I could get 20/20 here in Thailand, but Truevision does not have it, great stories/reports coming from them. 

• Great Info 1

I've just been reading "15 Netflix series with 100% rating" out of these i quickly rejected 12 as being not in my interest zone. But anyone able to give a rating for these 3 which do seem to have some potential

12. Rough Diamonds: In this 8-episode Belgian crime drama, a prodigal son brings crushing debt down on the empire of his family, leading his estranged brother to return to Antwerp’s diamond district to clean up the mess.

13. Giri/Haji: One of the best-ever gritty crime dramas available on Netflix. Per the logline, “Family duty sends a lawman to London to look for his mob-assassin brother as a yakuza war threatens to engulf Tokyo. Trust is even tougher to find.”

15. Bill Russell: Legend: Last but not least, this Netflix gem tells the gripping story of NBA legend and civil rights icon Bill Russell, presenting his legacy on and off the court.

On 9/24/2023 at 1:23 AM, Zambo said:

13. Giri/Haji: One of the best-ever gritty crime dramas available on Netflix. Per the logline, “Family duty sends a lawman to London to look for his mob-assassin brother as a yakuza war threatens to engulf Tokyo. Trust is even tougher to find.

Giri/Haji was simply amazing……As was Pachinko on Apple, both 8 episodes IIRC correctly, and both had the lovely Anna Sawai in them

Watch them both 

image.png

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 2
  • Great Info 1

On 5/9/2023 at 11:24 PM, ChiFlyer said:

I thought I would post this here, as it may begin to affect what you are not watching on Netflix or anything else.

This is occurring in the US at this point. The Screen Writer's guild have gone on strike. The main reason for this is that the writers are receiving less money due to the way that streaming service contracts are structured. Here is a recap.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/05/03/media/writers-strike-reliable-sources/index.html

The main take away IMO is that neither party is going to give ground in the near future. As the article said the last strike of this nature that occurred about 15 years ago lasted 100 days.

So what is the immediate effect, if any:

• The Late Night Talk Shows (Colbert etc.) have halted production.
  • SNL has suspended the rest of their season.
  • Network execs appear unwilling to negotiate because they feel they have enough in the can to go a long way. I suspect we will be seeing crap in the can soon.
  • The last season of "Stranger Things" has halted production. Now wait a minute here.

Some news articles are calling the strike a fear of AI reaction. I disagree. I would call it an outrage of being ripped off by big business. Ok, I am on the writer's side.

It appears that the US Writer's Strike may be heading toward a conclusion. A tentative agreement was reached last night with the "Writers Guild of America (WGA)". One can leave a US TV in idle for a while longer, as it expected that it will take a month to formalize the agreement.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/explainer-is-the-hollywood-writers-strike-over/ar-AA1heqCP?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=532c2f06173f4e46b14cd8bd68015b57&ei=15

A tentative agreement has not been reached with the Screen Actors' Guild (SAG). They are the larger union group. Still it is being speculated that the tentative agreement with the WGA will help move along a SAG agreement.

Edited by ChiFlyer

7 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Giri/Haji was simply amazing……As was Pachinko on Apple, both 8 episodes IIRC correctly, and both had the lovely Anna Sawai in them

Watch them both 

image.png

I have watched Giri/Haji (IMDB 7.8) and Pachinko (IMDB 8.3). I thoroughly enjoyed both of them.

On 9/24/2023 at 2:57 AM, thunder367 said:

I have watched all 3 seasons of "Warrior". I like the show (IMDB 8.4). Some of my friends love this show. Plenty of action.

51 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

It appears that the US Writer's Strike may be heading toward a conclusion. A tentative agreement was reached last night with the "Writers Guild of America (WGA)". One can leave a US TV in idle for a while longer, as it expected that it will take a month to formalize the agreement.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/explainer-is-the-hollywood-writers-strike-over/ar-AA1heqCP?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=532c2f06173f4e46b14cd8bd68015b57&ei=15

A tentative agreement has not been reached with the Screen Actors' Guild (SAG). They are the larger union group. Still it is being speculated that the tentative agreement with the WGA will help move along a SAG agreement.

A little more.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/news/hollywood-writers-reach-agreement-with-studios-streamers-to-end-strike/ar-AA1hcFLo?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=bc801e88ae764f4c97b9a6f70a148f28&ei=40

On 9/21/2023 at 2:15 AM, Stillearly said:

I enjoyed S1 when it was first televised, but somehow missed the next few series ... when I realised , it was on S5 ... but I never jumped back into it  🤷‍♂️

I am nearing the end of S01 and have enjoyed that. I am reading a few reviews saying that the show went downhill in later seasons. I will try S02 and see how that goes. Not too sure how much faith I have in the negative reviews as much of the criticism focused on the show becoming too "woke". I do not understand what that word is supposed to mean. Sounds like an escape hatch for someone with a cluttered mind.

Oops - this exchange has to do with the TV show "Billions". It originated from Showtime IIRC.

Edited by ChiFlyer

7 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Just started watching "who killed Jill Dando" on Netflix, three part series , it was a shocking case at the time .... and is still unsolved 

I'm coming to the end of Animal Kingdom so that will be my next viewing providing i can access from Thailand, lovely lady was JD and yes you are correct ''absolutely shocking case''

15 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I'm coming to the end of Animal Kingdom so that will be my next viewing providing i can access from Thailand, lovely lady was JD and yes you are correct ''absolutely shocking case''

No idea , but I guess you could use a VPN to say you were in U.K. for Netflix ... 

It wasn't that great , I found it unsatisfying, the police still sticking to their story that Barry George did it ... interviews with him , show he is mentally impaired and couldn't organise anything like this ... he once thought it would be a great idea to try and jump over some London buses on roller skates.... spoiler , it wasn't ....😂

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Stillearly said:

No idea , but I guess you could use a VPN to say you were in U.K. for Netflix ... 

It wasn't that great , I found it unsatisfying, the police still sticking to their story that Barry George did it ... interviews with him , show he is mentally impaired and couldn't organise anything like this ... he once thought it would be a great idea to try and jump over some London buses on roller skates.... spoiler , it wasn't ....😂

🤣 Thanks, i checked yesterday after your post and it is available on my Netflix, i'm attached to my son's Netflix in the UK so i assume i get the UK version 👍Sorry to hear you were not impressed but i'll give it a go.

• Like 1

I was flipping through a list of recommended TV shows and there was one listed that I had watched already, but a while back. I did a search within this Forum topic for the title and got no direct hits. I thought I would call it out as something worth checking out to the BMs that read this thread.

The show is called "The Americans". It has an IMDB of 8.4.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Americans

It ran for 6 seasons with a total of 75 episodes. After I noticed the show, I watched an episode a night. Obviously I really liked it. The cast is great. Keri Russell in particular is excellent, but there are many other really good cast member performances. One will likely recognize several of them from other American shows.

Several of my other American ex-pat buddies who follow TV shows also really liked this one.

Without giving too much away -> the basic premise is about a husband-wife team of deep cover Soviet spies living in the DC area raising a family. Their neighbor is an FBI agent and they become suburban level friends. Sounds ridiculous? I thought so at first, but immediately got hooked into the show.

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 1

American TV shows begin returning to the air with new episodes this week. Expected back beginning on October 1st are:

• The Simpsons
  • Family Guy
  • Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
  • Stephen Colbert on October 4th

Here is a summary of things.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/john-olivers-last-week-tonight-confirms-new-episode-will-air-just-days-after-strike-end/

Nothing is available on IPT just yet. I assume that the various feeds need to be turned back on.