Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

On 8/8/2023 at 1:51 PM, Glasseye said:

On Netflix ?  Can't find it.

No, HBO. I get it on IPT.

That is a torrent site. Illegal in many locales, but millions use it and nobody seems to give a shit. If you would like to try it, send me a PM. The site requires that you are invited by a member. I have 55 invites available. All's that I would ask is do not go nuts if the rules piss you off. I could have problems as the person that invited you. 

1 minute ago, ChiFlyer said:

No, HBO. I get it on IPT.

That is a torrent site. Illegal in many locales, but millions use it and nobody seems to give a shit. If you would like to try it, send me a PM. The site requires that you are invited by a member. I have 55 invites available. All's that I would ask is do not go nuts if the rules piss you off. I could have problems as the person that invited you. 

Thanks mate, I'll give it a pass. I don't like messing with that stuff. Besides HBO pisses me off even though they make most of the good shows.

A double pimp for Domina

Many years ago (1980s), I religiously watched a TV show on Sunday nights with some friends called "I Claudius'' (one season 13 episodes). It was about the brutal transitions of power that occurred in the Roman Empire after the assassination of Julius Caesar. I do not know why, but I found this fascinating. All of this eventually culminated in Caligula being replaced by his feeble uncle Claudius, who was the most effective emperor Rome had over a couple of hundred years.

I just finished S01 of a show called Domina today. This examines this same period from the perspective of Livia Drusilla (wife of the emperor Augustus).

Despite the relatively low IMDB of 7.1, I thoroughly enjoyed Domina S01. Livia had been portrayed as a heinous puppet master in "I Claudius" and she was. One thing I like about Domina S01 is they get into how she got to be that way. Augustus on the other hand was portrayed as almost congenial in "I Claudius" and Domina explores him for the ruthless bastard that he likely was in order to maintain power on that scale.

In any case, I am looking forward to starting up S02 of Domina in 2 weeks or so. I am pretty sure that Livia's son Drusus (S01) was known as Germanicus in "I Claudius". Maybe his name will evolve in S02 of Domina. That would make him the father of "Little Boots" aka Caligula. Livia's other son was Tiberius who became the monster Roman emperor who ruled from the island of Capri, where he trained Caligula in cruelty.

I hope the Domina series runs for a couple of seasons. It would be great to see how these historical figures evolve given the Domina perspective.
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1

2 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

A double pimp for Domina

Many years ago (1980s), I religiously watched a TV show on Sunday nights with some friends called "I Claudius'' (one season 13 episodes). It was about the brutal transitions of power that occurred in the Roman Empire after the assassination of Julius Caesar. I do not know why, but I found this fascinating. All of this eventually culminated in Caligula being replaced by his feeble uncle Claudius, who was the most effective emperor Rome had over a couple of hundred years.

I just finished S01 of a show called Domina today. This examines this same period from the perspective of Livia Drusilla (wife of the emperor Augustus).

Despite the relatively low IMDB of 7.1, I thoroughly enjoyed Domina S01. Livia had been portrayed as a heinous puppet master in "I Claudius" and she was. One thing I like about Domina S01 is they get into how she got to be that way. Augustus on the other hand was portrayed as almost congenial in "I Claudius" and Domina explores him for the ruthless bastard that he likely was in order to maintain power on that scale.

In any case, I am looking forward to starting up S02 of Domina in 2 weeks or so. I am pretty sure that Livia's son Drusus (S01) was known as Germanicus in "I Claudius". Maybe his name will evolve in S02 of Domina. That would make him the father of "Little Boots" aka Caligula. Livia's other son was Tiberius who became the monster Roman emperor who ruled from the island of Capri, where he trained Caligula in cruelty.

I hope the Domina series runs for a couple of seasons. It would be great to see how these historical figures evolve given the Domina perspective.

I finished watching S1 again yesterday 🙂 enjoyed it again 

Drusus , was the father of Germanicus and the grandfather of Caligula 

• Great Info 1

On 8/15/2023 at 8:32 PM, Pumpuynarak said:

I'm just getting to the end of Ozark on Netflix, i'm really enjoying but talk about a dysfunctional family lol

The Mexican mother of the cartel played a great role in the final season, scary as hell, she had the same type role in Queen of the South. As much as I felt Navarro was a cool character, Esai Morales must have had other commitments, should never have gotten rid of him, was amazing as Del

image.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1