Golf

Archie43

1 hour ago, Starshine said:

Your boy Conners having another good one.

Not so much today, but he birdied 2 late ones to shoot 75. T9 for now, he really is our nation’s top guy ATM, consistently making good paycheques, and showing his name at the majors. It’s tough, lots of competition out there, and young too......I remember Spieth was 15th or so in the Byron Nelson when he was only 16. These kids are machines

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Golfingboy said:

Uh oh.......Spieth has gone from only one clear of the cut to T20, 5 shots back. People forget he needs a PGA for the career Slam. 

E751A576-7823-405F-A716-CA12E655D85D.png

Not sure that's possible, the commentary team we get mention it every time he is on camera  555

• Haha 1

Just now, Stillearly said:

Not sure that's possible, the commentary team we get mention it every time he is on camera  555

Sorry, I’m actually on the road working for a living, all so I can get back to Bangkok and pay 10K short-time......damn inflation. Hopefully I’ll catch the final round tomorrow

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow.......Phil is turning back the clock. Now when Langer or Couples are at the top of the Masters’ leaderboard on Day 1, you know it can’t last.  But this is Saturday afternoon, 5-time major winner, up by 3......like his chances

Scoring is obviously easier today. The way it played first 2 days, I would have said it’s a huge advantage to be in the clubhouse having posted a score. But with everyone having 8 holes or less to go, the leaders in the house are still E, or 16th place. So the guys still out there can still make a move, but 5 shots is still 5 shots......and forget about Spieth having a chance 

Well just looked at Phil’s back 9. A water ball on a drive led to a double, another bogey before that, and he only made par on both 5’s......and he’s still leading by a shot going into Sunday. 

I still like his chances, won’t be the amazing story Watson would have been at the ‘09 Open pushing 60, but nonetheless the oldest major champion, by far

Abraham Ancer with the round of the week, 65, to sneak into the Top 10 before the leaders even tee off. I don’t care if there’s no pressure on Sunday when you’re near the bottom with zero chance of winning......hell of a round right there