Golf

Archie43

Paul Casey with one of the worst breaks I have ever seen. Stripes a drive down the middle, just misses a few old divots, but ends up in an old pitch mark from a plugged ball….with probably no relief. That sucks, never seen it before. I’m thinking another pro is to blame for not patching that up

8E3EAB7E-F1CB-4A51-9BC8-A9349E18566F.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

So unlucky for Casey .. 

Never seen that particular situation before, and I’ve watched lots of golf. Now he spun it off the green…..too bad. Rules are rules, but being down the middle and it possibly costing him 2 shots in the largest purse in golf…..just not fair. If he was American, we’d never hear the end of it with Azinger in the booth

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Par save 🙂 

Just saw he had only 210 left, would have been a 6-iron. Even with a sucker pin, was pretty much a guaranteed birdie. Looks like game over now, Smith plays risky and throws a dart at the island 17th, Casey is in 3 putt territory. Too bad, I’ve always liked him, and hard not to pull for a guy who gets that kind of break

3 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

OMG, the Twitter abuse just now for Casey protecting his money placing instead of going for the flag on 17, down by 2. It is $2M for 2nd place, I don’t really blame him for trying to hit the same shot Smith did

I'm still not convinced Smith was going for that shot ...

in the water now ..

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Sounds more reasonable .. 👍

Yes, but still amazing how huge this purse was. 25th place roughly paid what a typical PGA winner received, just before Tiger came on the scene in the mid-90’s. 25th, yes really…..