Sangsom

On 11/6/2021 at 5:16 AM, Yesitisdakid said:

Saturday October 6th

20200710_102615.jpg

15784640463585.jpg

IMG_20211001_064033_resize_61.jpg

IMG_20211002_061321_resize_39.jpg

IMG_20211002_061343_resize_65.jpg

I'm interested to know where the Friendship Supermarket photo was taken and when.

"Friendship Supermarkets" were/are  Chinese Government shops selling shite for tourists. The one on Pattaya Tai was bought out by a Chinese family decades ago but I have vague memories of it selling the red lacquer crap but I couldn't say when.

In the early 90s the Friendship stores in PRC normally had a small supermarket selling the most basic Western products but this was not long after the Tiananmen Square protests so hardly surprising really!

8 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I'm interested to know where the Friendship Supermarket photo was taken and when.

"Friendship Supermarkets" were/are  Chinese Government shops selling shite for tourists. The one on Pattaya Tai was bought out by a Chinese family decades ago but I have vague memories of it selling the red lacquer crap but I couldn't say when.

In the early 90s the Friendship stores in PRC normally had a small supermarket selling the most basic Western products but this was not long after the Tiananmen Square protests so hardly surprising really!

It was taken at the shop on Pattaya Thai I took it because they renovated the outside of the building and somebody had said that they had closed for Good but they had repainted it cleaned it up so I'm guessing it may reopen

• Thumbs Up 1