Air Pollution - Pattaya

john luke

PRESS RELEASE:

Thailand witnessed a concerning environmental situation on Sunday afternoon (Dec 10), with approximately 40% of its regions experiencing thick and hazardous levels of ultrafine dust, as reported by the Geo-Informatics and Space Technology Development Agency (GISDA).

GISDA’s report on https://pm25.gistda.or.th/ revealed that 31 out of the 77 provinces in Thailand, primarily in the Central Plain, experienced unsafe levels of particulate matter measuring 2.5 micrometers or less in diameter (PM2.5). These levels ranged from 38.3 to 75.6 micrograms of PM2.5 per cubic meter of air over the past 24 hours, with the safety threshold set at 37.5µg/m³.

At 3 pm, the most severe level of 75.6µg/m³ was recorded in Samut Prakan, followed closely by 73.3µg/m³ in Ang Thong, 72.9µg/m³ in Bangkok, and 72.0µg/m³ in Nonthaburi.

Lower but still unsafe levels of PM2.5 were reported in several other provinces, including Sing Buri, Pathum Thani, Nakhon Pathom, Samut Sakhon, Ayutthaya, Lop Buri, Suphan Buri, and many more.

Residents in the affected provinces have been advised to steer clear of outdoor activities, as the Meteorological Department attributes the air pollution to stagnant atmospheric conditions.

The preceding is a press release from the Thai Government PR Department.

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/12/11/provinces-grapple-with-hazardous-ultrafine-dust-levels/

• Great Info 1

5 hours ago, tommy dee said:

today we had 165 at studio ffs

I don't think I've noticed it worse than it has been here today. 😠

The Thai government is very keen to protect Thailand's image abroad. Don't they realise how bad an image the smog portrays?

• Sad 2

40 minutes ago, Bazle said:

I don't think I've noticed it worse than it has been here today. 😠

The Thai government is very keen to protect Thailand's image abroad. Don't they realise how bad an image the smog portrays?

i have had a sore throat from it for 2 days and today eyes were watering

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld

The Pollution Control Department (PCD) has issued an urgent warning regarding the hazardous levels of PM 2.5 particulate matter in the air, impacting 20 provinces across Thailand. The alert calls for immediate action to address and mitigate the severe air quality crisis that poses significant health risks to millions of residents. The provinces on high alert include major urban centers such as Bangkok, Pathum Thani, and Nonthaburi, as well as key industrial regions like Samut Prakan and Samut Sakhon.

In a statement, the PCD has outlined a series of steps that need to be taken to combat the escalating air pollution levels. These measures include stringent control of industrial emissions, enhancement of traffic management to reduce vehicular pollution, and an increase in public awareness campaigns. The agency also highlighted the importance of cooperation from both the public and private sectors in tackling this environmental challenge.

The government’s response to this crisis has been swift, with local authorities being mobilized to enforce pollution control measures. Special attention is being given to areas with historically high levels of air pollution, such as Bangkok and its surrounding provinces. The administration is also promoting alternative and cleaner forms of transportation, along with stricter checks on vehicles contributing to air pollution.

CURRENT WEATHER
12:12 PM

30°C
RealFeel® 35°
RealFeel Shade™
33°
Air Quality
Poor
Wind
W 15 km/h
Wind Gusts
22 km/h
Mostly sunny
MORE DETAILS
CURRENT AIR QUALITY
TODAY

1/9

AQI
Poor

The air has reached a high level of pollution and is unhealthy for sensitive groups. Reduce time spent outside if you are feeling symptoms such as difficulty breathing or throat irritation

Tomorrow morning the A/C guys are coming to clean and check the units.

The new Electrolux air cleaner I bought a few days ago is kicking ass. I'm going to buy another one next week.

Gearing up for the season. 

Sleep tight mates, it ain't gonna get any better.

• 2 weeks later...