What are you listening to right now?

Krapow

23 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Colbert interviews Willie in Willie's tour bus the night after the previous post. It's a little long at 7:50, but I enjoyed watching it. If you don't like Willie, I just have no idea at all what might be wrong with you.

Willie turned 90 last April. His birthday party will be televised on December 17th. Quite the impressive guest list with Keith Richards, Sheryl Crow, Snoop Dog and others. 

Edited by ChiFlyer

ok guys - I noticed something - someone should should write that unusual event down.

When doing a reply to a post with an included url, our software often picks up the wrong url. In this thread that happens a lot. I have found a simple fix.

When you do the post check that the url that you are replying to has been brought about correctly. If not just click edit and do a save that fixes it.

hmmm - looks like when I clicked on edit it also fixed some (all?) previous url incorrect links. Of course one has to do an edit within the edit time period

Edited by ChiFlyer

On 10/30/2023 at 6:57 AM, Nightcrawler said:

Black Napkins 

From the same album

Word is that Zappa noticed an add for this sex doll and had one of his staff go out and buy one. After reading the instructions, Zappa wrote this song.

Edited by ChiFlyer

16 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Willie Nelson - "Hello Walls",  "Crazy",  "Always on my Mind", and "Mamas Don't Let your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys".

"Always on my mind" - always hits deep. Incredible artist.

Willie, Neil Young and John Cougar organized Farm Aid. They did the first show at Memorial Stadium in Champaign Il. 

I was assigned to the backstage gate. All of the performers had to come through the gate to get on stage. I was there if any "issues" came up. Sort of a bit of to the side, but very apparant (so to speak). 

I met any of the performers I cared to and gave me eye contact. I was the first one to meet Willie when he finished the last song of the show. 

Later in the evening when everything was pretty much shut down Neil came out of his bus and handed me a t-shirt, while thanking me for all I did that day.

It was probably the greatest day of my life.

• Like 1

Daryl is back ! It's fcuking killing me !!!

At the beginning of this wonderful clip I was wondering, "who is going to sing that short bass line ?. 

Watch at around 3:46. When you see the eye contact during those moments, it tells the whole story of the production, writing and perfection of this song.

Edited by Glasseye