What are you listening to right now?

Krapow

16 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Now thats the Angus Young i first remember, he always did a trip through the audience whilst playing, it was quite unique. Thanks for the memories, its what started me off on my love of the band.

Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Thumbs Up 2

Still one of the all time great progressive bands in my opinion. I have been so lucky to see these guys when they were in their prime for 40 years. Seems like yesterday, this particular tour in 2001 with the orchestra was unbelievable. Saw this exact same show in Reno, Nevada. Steve Howe's slide guitar on his solos at 5:28 and 10:37 still gives me chills today, saw him so many times do "And You and I" and it just never ceases to amaze me at how good he still is. 

Old people like me.....like living in the past at times LOL!  

Is it too early to ask wifey to load the bong for me? :default_getdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wygdzRPsJa0

2-18-2006-08.JPG

Edited by Yessongs
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Still one of the all time great progressive bands in my opinion. I have been so lucky to see these guys when they were in their prime for 40 years. Seems like yesterday, this particular tour in 2001 with the orchestra was unbelievable. Saw this exact same show in Reno, Nevada. Steve Howe's slide guitar on his solos at 5:28 and 10:37 still gives me chills today, saw him so many times do "And You and I" and it just never ceases to amaze me at how good he still is. 

2-18-2006-08.JPG

Yeah, incredible memories.

I just had a good laugh explaining to my Thai teacher what bong meant. There was a Thai word that she used that sounded like bong. I explained to her that how I memorized new langauge words word sound association.

I said bong either means booonnng like the sound a gong makes -

An introduction to Gong Instrument of Healing in Kundalini Yoga

or, it means a big pipe for weed smoking...

Bongs

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/16/2023 at 6:44 PM, Yessongs said:

2-18-2006-08.JPG

Howe is amazing - I love the tones he gets out of that 12 string guitar as well, and the initial chord progression - I can well imagine what it would have been like to see these guys live, you're lucky you had the opportunity so many times. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Howe is amazing - I love the tones he gets out of that 12 string guitar as well, and the initial chord progression - I can well imagine what it would have been like to see these guys live, you're lucky you had the opportunity so many times. 

Indeed. Mike is a very lucky guy. He has a broad history of great shows when bands were in their prime. Great recollection of them as well, often with some cool old pics. Very entertaining and enjoy hearing about them.

You seem to have seen quite a few as well. 

Those days hold great memories. 

Right now while writing this I had a flashback - New Riders of the Purple Sage (NRPS), Chicago Auditorium, early 70's (72 or 73). Row 25, center. Higher than a kite.

Buddy Cage on pedal steel guitar. Etched in my brain forever.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I had my heart broken coming out of college. In all due honesty, I deserved to have it broken as I was not a very good boyfriend.

Anyway, this song by Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash reminds me positively of that time.