What are you listening to right now?

Krapow

3 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

John Batiste singing "Blackbird" on Stephen's Colbert show. Batiste is an incredible artist. This song was song with regard to Batiste's wife's death.

Really beautiful.

Beyond beautiful, thanks buddy.

Bless you.

Edited by Glasseye

23 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

John Batiste singing "Blackbird" on Stephen's Colbert show. Batiste is an incredible artist. This song was song with regard to Batiste's wife's death.

Really beautiful.

I posted some incorrect info in my prior post. Jon Bastite's wife (Suleika Jaouad) has not died. She does suffer from Leukemia. I saw a quick pic of her and made my too quick understanding of the situation. All apologies.

Jaouad is fighting her disease and reportedly doing well. It is her second go round with this debilitating disease.

https://www.today.com/popculture/movies/jon-batiste-suleika-jaouad-relationship-timeline-rcna127637

Edited by ChiFlyer

8 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Ok - I lied once again - this recording is in length about a one hour Jazz session - I plan on playing it on Xmas day while I am doing the meal prep. Fans of "The Late Show" will recognize many of the band members.

Love the guy. Indredible what he can crank out at any moment. Hated when I learned he left the show. Most likely to care for his wife.