What are you listening to right now?

Krapow

Janis Joplin "Get It While You Can" starts at 7:39 minutes. The second link has the complete song. The interview is interesting, she talks of plans on attending her 10 year high school reunion. Dick Cavett states you must have had many friends in high school. Janis Joplin: I was laughed out of class and laughed out of school. The world misses you Janis Joplin. Get It While You Can, it's later than you think...

The above link cuts off before end of song.

I watched the original broadcast of this show. I was big fan of the Dick Cavett show. it came on TV right after the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. It also was a big thing that a so called underground Rock star was going to appear on TV and perform.

Edited by CalEden

19 hours ago, CalEden said:

Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell

Just so much emotional magic when these two get together!

I once saw a local kind of a funk, R&B style band with a tremendous female lead vocalist do a version of "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" in a bar, 1979 Carbondale  Illinois. Blew the roof off the place !

What a great song.

Here is Diana's version - she is a Goddess. Not many can come close to what she had.

Edited by Glasseye
  • Like 2
  • Great Info 1

On 1/3/2023 at 2:36 AM, CalEden said:

Never really appreciated Roy Orbison until he became a member of the Traveling Wilburys. I previously felt Roy's songs were overly dramatic in a hokey way.  

That Black and White show was excellent !

• Like 2

On 1/2/2023 at 11:12 AM, CalEden said:

Linda's old backup band the Eagles are on tour. Thought I might go, nosebleed seats the farthest from the stage $168 US each, middle auditorium $468 each. Closer but not front stage $868. Most of the concert prices on my posters are in $2 to $4 range. 

18 hours ago, CalEden said:

Linda's old backup band the Eagles are on tour. Thought I might go, nosebleed seats the farthest from the stage $168 US each, middle auditorium $468 each. Closer but not front stage $868. Most of the concert prices on my posters are in $2 to $4 range. 

The Eagles are becoming like The Stones...

I attended a show during the farewell tour of the Stones. Milwaukee Stadium, 1976.     555555555555 !

• Like 1