What are you listening to right now?

Krapow

On 2/14/2023 at 12:55 AM, Nightcrawler said:

The absolute shite blasting out of Trench Town LK. 

Can be heard above the general din in the Soi. The same set list every night by some  untalented arsehole shouting his way across Reggae backing tracks. 

He should be hung for crimes against music.

I am on Diana and I can hear it blasting out until early hours of the morning. Its nothing more than noise pollution

Rant over. 

When I stayed in VT 6 (pre covid) I could usually hear 4 or 5 bands.

The bar on the corner (2nd Road) played the same songs every night. At least it was rock music. Heard "Smoke On the Water" at least 80 times.

The first night of lockdown there was complete silence. I will never forget that night. I stayed up all night to see the sunrise. It was symbol to me that everything would be ok.

• Like 2

On 2/17/2023 at 1:29 PM, Glasseye said:

When I stayed in VT 6 (pre covid) I could usually hear 4 or 5 bands.

The bar on the corner (2nd Road) played the same songs every night. At least it was rock music. Heard "Smoke On the Water" at least 80 times.

The first night of lockdown there was complete silence. I will never forget that night. I stayed up all night to see the sunrise. It was symbol to me that everything would be ok.

The pic of the Sunrise that day.

I said to myself...   No matter what happens the sun will still rise the next day. I went to sleep soon after, and slept like a baby.

covid sunrise.jpg

• Like 1

I have no theory as to why, and hey who needs a reason when it comes to a song they like, but Eric Clapton's "It's in the Way that You Use it" from the movie "The Color of Money" popped into my head the other night. It has stuck in said head for a few days now.

Might be related to my recent life changing events (bought a house, getting married, redoing wills and other legal documents, all heightened by the car accident).

I actually have a prior history with this song. It was popular when my first son was born. It helped to make me realize that my pool hustling, marijuana and coke dealing days needed to end. I was successful in moving on from that shit. It took a lot longer to begin to understand that the problem ran deeper.

I was a decent divorced father, but not an immediate success as a married father. Nuff bs.

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Yessongs said:

When I want to get "nostalgic" I listen to this, puts into perspective some of the shit in life that I HAVE NOT had to go through. I have never seen these guys....wish I had. 

Klaus........one of the all time great lead singers. 

I love that song too man, hits the spot....

BTW, I'm glad to see that I am not the only one in here who will occassionally post the same post three times in a row.  55555555555555555 !

Sometimes you hit submit and it doesn't look like it accepted it, so you do again another time or two and then move on. Checking back you realized it worked the first time.

fucking computers....

Edited by Glasseye
  • Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

I love that song too man, hits the spot....

BTW, I'm glad to see that I am not the only one in here who will occassionally post the same post three times in a row.  55555555555555555 !

Sometimes you hit submit and it doesn't look like it accepted it, so you do again another time or two and then move on. Checking back you realized it worked the first time.

fucking computers....

About the time of @Yessongs posts I noticed the forum software was slow on accepting one of my posts. Quick way to check before hitting the submit button again is open a new browser tab and click Activity at the top of the forum page. Almost every time when the forum is slow, it has in fact already accepted the post. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Eyes of Silver - Dobbie Brothers

Another great one.

Pat Simmons about the best rhythm guitarist I've heard. He's consistently put out a ton of great music over decade. Great performer also.

BTW - I just learned they will be touring this year. This is a show I would love to see.

https://nypost.com/article/doobie-brothers-50th-anniversary-tour-2023-tickets-dates-prices/?itm_source=parsely-api