What are you listening to right now?

Krapow

A definite "Boomer" classic.

Rod Steward

Some buddies and myself (and quite a few buds) drove 200 miles to St. Louis to see him perform. This is back when Ron Wood (prior to joining the Rolling Stones) was still Steward's guitar player. 

• Thumbs Up 1

And Stewart's most memorable song for me at the completion of my college career (ragged though it was) as reality set in and my college romance went to flames as we wanted different paths. It's been 50 years and I still think about her a little from time to time. Without the women in my life, I would not have made it to 73.

• Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

A definite "Boomer" classic.

Rod Steward

Some buddies and myself (and quite a few buds) drove 200 miles to St. Louis to see him perform. This is back when Ron Wood (prior to joining the Rolling Stones) was still Steward's guitar player. 

Cheers mate !

Once saw someone bounce a pint whiskey bottle off his head at a show in the old in the old Chicago Amphitheatre. Down in the stockyards.

Slit eyed lady.............. 55555 !

• Surprised 1

17 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

And Stewart's most memorable song for me at the completion of my college career (ragged though it was) as reality set in and my college romance went to flames as we wanted different paths. It's been 50 years and I still think about her a little from time to time. Without the women in my life, I would not have made it to 73.

Resonates to the bone buddy....

19 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Just might be my favourite track from Rodney. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Glasseye said:

There is no decent blues that doesn't come through Chi-town.

Don't forget "Whiskey and Wimmen".

A couple of buddies and myself saw John Lee later in his career at the Quiet Night on Belmont. We were whopping it up a bit when he did "Whiskey and Wimmen". At the end of the song John Lee looked our way and in that incredible voice said "You fellas are missing the point of the song".  🙂

He was correct.

Edited by ChiFlyer

My buddy of 53  years called me last night, he still lives in San Jose Calif. Met him in 1971 right? 

He went on to get his PHD in Clinical Psychology.

We hit the club scene a ton back in the day, yep every Friday/Sat night, especially during the summer when he was not going to UCLA.  Always talk about the club scene back in the day and the girls of course. He always reminds me of this tune that they played at every club, every night, even 2-3 times  per night back in the early 80's. 

It was at one of these clubs that I met my first wife......seems like yesterday. Just so you all know, your boy Yessongs was a "bad ass" dancer back in the day LOL! 

Midnight Star indeed....

• Thumbs Up 2