Movies to watch

Toy Boy

• 1 month later...

I found this one on my HDD from who-knows-when, it's a 2008 movie but between then and now I'd downloaded it and forgotten to watch it. I wasn't expecting much, in spite of the stellar cast, plus American humour is often a bit too OTT for us Brits, but I was pleasantly surprised. And it just gets better as it proceeds, with the last 20 or 30 minutes being genuinely laugh-out-loud hilarious, even for this old stick-in-the-mud Brit. If you're looking for a good laugh from an oldish film, you could do worse than this one:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425061/

MV5BMTY0NzQ4MDU0NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzA2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Just got back from this on cheap Tuesday. IMO much better than #2. I have to see Italy one day, some wonderful scenery over there for sure

image.jpeg

IMG_2508.jpeg

Watched the trailer, looks superb. Will be watching on the big screen when I get home from France. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We just got back from watching "The Undertaker" (สัปเหร่อ).  Our first visit to a movie theater in Thailand in nearly 20 years, but we wanted to see this one.  It has already grossed over 700 million Baht, and has the distinction of being done in the Isaan dialect of Lao.  So there are subtitles in both Thai and English.  It also got an 18+ age rating because they swear so much.  Fun ghost story.

undertaker5-696x424.jpg

The photo says 300MBaht, but that was just the opening weekend.

Edited by tko
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, tko said:

We just got back from watching "The Undertaker" (สัปเหร่อ).  Our first visit to a movie theater in Thailand in nearly 20 years, but we wanted to see this one.  It has already grossed over 700 million Baht, and has the distinction of being done in the Isaan dialect of Lao.  So there are subtitles in both Thai and English.  It also got an 18+ age rating because they swear so much.  Fun ghost story.

undertaker5-696x424.jpg

The photo says 300MBaht, but that was just the opening weekend.

I really enjoyed that one back in 2009 with the 5 horror stories, known as Phobia 2 in English

I noticed this 2005 movie on YIFY recently so I thought I'd have a gander, though I was Dickens-free, as in I didn't have any great expectations.

Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 13-23-01 Twelve and Holding Pictures.png

Bloody Nora, that was something else, one of the most original films I've seen in a long time. Not only are the adults mostly f***d up, but the young kids are f***d up even worse, lol! I mean, there's plenty of films about f***d up adults, and more than a few about f***d up kids, but this is the only one I can think of where they're all f***d up and the kids even more so than the grown ups.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417385/

• 2 weeks later...

I watched this one last night. A great performance by Jim Broadbent, who's 74 years old now. It's based on a famous novel, and it's a well-made and enjoyable film, but at the end I was left feeling that I'd missed something, as in WTF was all that really about???

"The Irishman
Crime History

World War II veteran and mob hitman Frank "The Irishman" Sheeran recalls his possible involvement with the slaying of union leader Jimmy Hoffa."

This is a good rip. You need an i7, or equivalent to play 1080p x265 encodes.

The Irishman (2019) (Criterion) + Extras (1080p BluRay x265 HEVC 10bit EAC3 7.1 SAMPA) [QxR]

I went to .....1337x....

irishman-2019-poster-2.jpg