What are you drinking?

DumbDucker

On 12/15/2022 at 6:38 AM, Golfingboy said:

Well after researching what’s best for the reflux, I chose a couple of these

So this is what rock-bottom feels like…..

Not awful, but I can taste the difference between this and other regular brews. But…..my chest feels Zero pain that’s what counts 

414934CB-E18D-4483-90BF-E65890746F80.jpeg

I used to buy crates of Michelob in cans off our local RAF base for peanuts some 30 years ago. Really liked that distinguished taste back then.

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

I used to buy crates of Michelob in cans off our local RAF base for peanuts some 30 years ago. Really liked that distinguished taste back then.

For me, it was cans of Schlitz and cartons of Marlboro from the local USAF base PX. The guys wife used to bake loaves of bread for me too.

Edited by bob lt
  • Like 1

On 12/19/2022 at 6:04 PM, bob lt said:

For me, it was cans of Schlitz and cartons of Marlboro from the local USAF base PX. The guys wife used to bake loaves of bread for me too.

When I got to RAF Bruggen in Germany in 1975 there was a USAF detachment there who used to look after the nukes on the RAF Phantoms.So they had their own bar & a small PX.The bar was a great place to go at the weekend after our NAAFI had closed for Tequila Sunrises,Harvey Wallbangers,King Edward stogies & T bone steaks.Wonderful days!

• Like 1

Been hammered the last couple of nights, one was my last night in Phuket with some friends and last night another friend happened to be in Bkk for a night.

Tomorrow will be a big day so it's diet coke for me all night to rest the liver!

20221224_234844.jpg

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

had half a large bottle of Chang and half a can of Tapper in my fridge door from last night

How does one end up with left-over beer, or wine too when talking about bottles ??

I'm surprised at a man of your high esteem having such a thing Mr. Dangle.....

Edited by SteveBC
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

How does one end up with left-over beer, or wine too when talking about bottles ??

I'm surprised at a man of your high esteem having such a thing Mr. Dangle.....

Nicely observed BC! Half a bottle of premium beer and slightly less surprisingly half a can of strong beer that must be close to zero degC to suppress its metallic undertones. I guess a major moment of indecisiveness last night and just possibly the result was fridged this a.m

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Zambo said:

I guess a major moment of indecisiveness last night and just possibly the result was fridged this a.m

Yes mate tiz true.

Now that The Cat has gone to the kitty home in the sky I have lost my best mate and I struggle with deciding what to drink and find myself unable to finish off a pouch of Whiskas Saba flavour before hitting the Tuna flavour... each one having its own matching beer to accompany it !!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yes mate tiz true.

Now that The Cat has gone to the kitty home in the sky I have lost my best mate and I struggle with deciding what to drink and find myself unable to finish off a pouch of Whiskas Saba flavour before hitting the Tuna flavour... each one having its own matching beer to accompany it !!

I would suggest you try a glass of claret....It may be a better match then beer ??

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, SteveBC said:

I would suggest you try a glass of claret....It may be a better match then beer ??

Perfect

Anything from a nut roast to Christmas goose (or even Whiskas Saba)will pair well – as long as the Claret doesn't overpower the flavours in the food.

• Great Info 2

52 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

Well, if everybody finished their drinks then perhaps my life would have ended up differently.

I am from a typical small Dorset village with Pub, church and school all next to each other. One of my weekend jobs whilst at Primary school was wheeling out the bins of empties and sorting them into crates. They only paid me in ice cream but by f**k I was drunk after polishing off what was left in the bottles....Before I passed my 11+ I knew that Barley Wine was my favourite drink closely followed by port !!

• Haha 3