What are you drinking?

DumbDucker

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Blue Bar used to be next to Traveller's Rest on Lengkee didn't it ???....I think I ended up with a massive piss stain in my shorts in there once .....

There was a Blue Heeler bar in Lengkee. I believe the Thai wife of the owner sadly passed away.

Edit: don't allow old incontinent ladies to sit on your lap.

There was a trio of bars in Pothole,  Orange, Blue and Annie,  formerly Nightwish bars. Orange is now X club but Blue and Annie remain. 

Edited by bob lt
  • Great Info 2

Since I lived in the Netherlands for 7 years, I've long been a fan of Hoegaarden and other white beers. Traditionally, i's drunk in a large, heavy glass with a big slice of lemon in it. It's brewed under licence in Vietnam these days so is reasonably affordable at 97-99 Baht for a 500 ml can. The Thais (and other SE Asians, I presume) seem to be fond of fruit-flavoured versions. Well, I've no interest in raspberry beer, but I was in a 7-eleven the other day and I noticed they had a version of Hoegaarden with yuzu fruit. A quick check on my phone told me that yuzu fruit "tastes like lemon, grapefruit and mandarin orange and is very aromatic." That sounded OK, presumably not a million miles away from a large slice of lemon, so I bought a can to try it. Well that was my one and only purchase of this stuff, the fruit flavour is way too strong, nothing subtle about it at all. I can certainly imagine the Thai girls enjoying it, though, in place of their fruit-flavoured bottles of Spy or whatever. Anyway, if you want to try something a bit different, by all means give it a go, but don't blame me, lol.

HoegaardenYuzu_Can_-500ml-2.5.jpg?v=1670

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Tastes damned fine for the price but it needs longer in the fridge. I'll save the rest for tomorrow.

No need to save it for tomorrow (don't want to risk the taste deteriorating overnight), a few chunks of ice and it'll be just great

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Zambo said:

No need to save it for tomorrow (don't want to risk the taste deteriorating overnight), a few chunks of ice and it'll be just great

Yep, I've realised that I've only had 4 portions of veggie today so I will have it with a dish of sprouts for supper !!!

For my first week in Japan yonks ago I couldn't "work things out" shopping for food so lived of sprouts and Concha y toro !!!

4 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yep, I've realised that I've only had 4 portions of veggie today so I will have it with a dish of sprouts for supper !!!

For my first week in Japan yonks ago I couldn't "work things out" shopping for food so lived of sprouts and Concha y toro !!!

Well !! You mean the grapes as a portion of veg/fruit? 

I looked up concha y toro and didn't get it. So i will jump to spain and mention vino tinto which in La Linea de la Conception referred to the cheapest just drinkable red wine available - in fact great stuff and also worthy of a couple of ice cubes dropt in.

Sprouts? An acquired taste. My wife has yet to acquire that taste so none in our fridge.

• Thumbs Up 1