What are you drinking?

DumbDucker

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2023 at 12:21 AM, boydeste said:

20230201_002053.jpg

When I was in PBG last week the Manager that I have known for yonks asked me why I drink Leffe Brown draught instead of Guinness draught. Well, it is cheaper of course, but the Leffe has a much thicker head and has a fantastic taste to it compared to the Guinness which just tastes watery nowadays .It certainly doesn't taste like it used to taste in the 70s and 80s.....IMO!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

When I was in PBG last week the Manager that I have known for yonks asked me why I drink Leffe Brown draught instead of Guinness draught. Well, it is cheaper of course, but the Leffe has a much thicker head and has a fantastic taste to it compared to the Guinness which just tastes watery nowadays .It certainly doesn't taste like it used to taste in the 70s and 80s.....IMO!!

That photo posted by Boydeste has a rather poor looking head for Guiness, which for me isn't typical, so i do think your comparison isn't fair. Having said that I've never tried Leffe Brown so can't comment - I'll keep my eyes open for it. I do sometimes have a pint of Black Cab at a nearby pub, but i would choose Guiness if available.

3 minutes ago, Zambo said:

That photo posted by Boydeste has a rather poor looking head for Guiness, which for me isn't typical, so i do think your comparison isn't fair. Having said that I've never tried Leffe Brown so can't comment - I'll keep my eyes open for it. I do sometimes have a pint of Black Cab at a nearby pub, but i would choose Guiness if available.

Yep, my sons are also trying to find a pint of draught too...their local 'spoons only do the draught blonde which is too wheaty for me and almost immediately opens my bowels .... They also say that I talk bollocks about Guinness too so you are not alone on that score, mate!!

So then, previously I have admitted to drinking Chapper which is 50:50 Chang and Tapper.

Today I have decided to try a different "blend"...

I was drinking a lot of Sato because it is great to skull after a two hour walk but mainly to use to blend with my homebrew wine. Now that I have stopped homebrewing I had the brilliant idea to mix it with Mont Clair red.

First few glasses seem quite promising. The advantage is that I can change the ratio depending on the mood, time of day and what is in the fridge....

I have chosen the portmanteau " Satair"

10 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Never tried the Brown, not keen on the Blonde 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

For the first glass...and only for the first glass...pour the beer first then drop the ice in. After that you can pour the beer over ice......Otherwise the first glass will froth up....

The words of an expert in such matters......

• Haha 1