IF YOUR WERE WONDERING

tommy dee

Here's another perspective on how many people are waiting in food lines. On today's bike ride I came across bars on the corner of Nakula & Soi 33 getting set up for distributing free food. The blue line in the screenshot below shows the start and end point of the line when I passed by. The line is 1/2 km long.

49877000341_b29d9d4d16_b.jpg

• Like 2

GF and I are in the Philippines, a much poorer country. Her family in Manila received 8k pesos each month from the government and as well as the cash the local Barangays are distributing food parcels every week. Same here in Angeles. I have no doubt some is creamed off by the politicans but it is getting thru

• Like 3

1 hour ago, joker said:

There's something very wrong here - why are the government not feeding the people?

They have literally unlimited money, this is a deliberate choice.

Great work by the way!

Especially when you read about the billions getting spent bailing out Thai airways, yet you see videos of people starving lining up for free food.  

Edited by JPK
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, joker said:

There's something very wrong here - why are the government not feeding the people?

They have literally unlimited money, this is a deliberate choice.

Great work by the way!

51 minutes ago, JPK said:

Especially when you read about the billions getting spent bailing out Thai airways, yet you see videos of people starving lining up for free food.  

Spot on.

There is the real problem. And what are the famous "big five" doing ? 

Unlimited money for planes, tanks and subs....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Spot on.

There is the real problem. And what are the famous "big five" doing ? 

Unlimited money for planes, tanks and subs....

Probably the same as 99% of the rest of the world's super rich, whatever they want.

• Like 1

Yeah this is sad for sure and a real reality wake up call for many. Wife had her brother take 30k baht from her bank account and give it to some local food bank. 

I think for most of us who have been around awhile, the haves and the have nots have been on this planet for many years now.....100 years from now, it will be the same.

Puts into perspective what sometimes we take for granted.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Thailand is recording few new infections and no new deaths on a daily basis now. Yet the people are being crucified under a lockdown.

No doubt it is politically motivated as political protests against the current regime were growing in number prior to covid.

• Great Info 3