Balloon Chasing in the UK?

Sangsom

Anyone here been having a go with the help out to eat out scheme that started this week?

Gotta admit with being away on hols in Norfolk this week I’ve had 2 goes at it so far.....once yesterday and once today. Actually it’s been quite hard to get tables in some of the more decent places especially after 5pm as anywhere half decent seems pretty rammed with chasers!

I think it's well worth it, and i have been tempted, but i'm back at the gym and trying to be healthy and get in shape again.

Loads of great Turkish/Kurdish places round here, do a great Turkish style breakfast or late lunch, most of them doing it, that's where i have been tempted, sorta healthy 😬

I took a well deserved break from a shit family problem and took the tw down into Chinatown, Manchester. She bought a bag full of stuff from an Asian supermarket then we popped into Try Thai, a great restaurant we use on visits to Manchester. 

She ordered pad chaa, samosas and boiled rice I ordered a platter of satay crispy beef, fish cakes and garlic ribs. 2 cokes to drink. The bill should have been £37 but I was surprised to be charged £18.50! 

I knew nothing about this eating out incentive. Brilliant, but limited to a max of £10 per person I think. 

3 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

I took a well deserved break from a shit family problem and took the tw down into Chinatown, Manchester. She bought a bag full of stuff from an Asian supermarket then we popped into Try Thai, a great restaurant we use on visits to Manchester. 

She ordered pad chaa, samosas and boiled rice I ordered a platter of satay crispy beef, fish cakes and garlic ribs. 2 cokes to drink. The bill should have been £37 but I was surprised to be charged £18.50! 

I knew nothing about this eating out incentive. Brilliant, but limited to a max of £10 per person I think. 

I go to try Thai a lot as I’m in Manchester a lot for work, decent food......definitely a couple of notches above the mediocrity of Thai food you mostly get in the Uk.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

I go to try Thai a lot as I’m in Manchester a lot for work, decent food......definitely a couple of notches above the mediocrity of Thai food you mostly get in the Uk.

Definitely, the tw, as a chef herself, rates the food she has eaten as the best she's had outside of Thailand. 

Plus, for a city centre restaurant it's good value for money and not expensive. 

Did the Hungry Horse at Sixfields, Northampton tonight.

Comfort fayre, not bad a deal ....50 percent off all food and softdrinks.  Food bill was £26.93 instead of £53.86.

Halloumi bites, combo share, fish and chips, kids meal and 2 x mixed grill (shown picture of 1 mixed grill) so good deal of food for 3 adults and a child. Oh and a double scoop of vanilla icecream for Kataleya (no pic)

Stella at £3.95 and San Miguel at £4.20.

Not fine fayre but after a week on a diet with no alcohol I did have a void waiting to be filled. I had the fish and chips and halloumi bites.

20200805_203001.jpg20200805_203014.jpg20200805_205250.jpg20200805_205300.jpg20200805_205310.jpg

I had a visit to Burger King on Monday, I used the app on my phone as well as the government discount, I had a Whopper Meal £2.24, very pleased with the result.

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-03 at 15.49.27.jpeg

Edited by bexwell
  • Thumbs Up 1