My trip to the UKFlying used to be so simple

Jambo

5 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

I did think about reviving my old thread about returning to England but as Jambo started this one I'll just do an add on as to what he might expect when he gets out, this post is about a thread I vaguely remember being on here and it's about UK v thai customer service.

I've been out of self isolation now since last Monday and here's my view on the service I've had in every aspect of the often maligned UK customer service including Heathrow airport.

UK passport control. Couldn't fault it, friendly and efficient.

National Express, Heathrow. Spot on even though the bus was late all staff were helpful and friendly especially the driver.

Security woman at smoking point at Heathrow. Again very friendly and helpful and chatty and helped me find the bus station. Even the staff in the WH Smith were really helpful.

Local stores. Extremely friendly and helpful.

The Russian lad I bought my car from. No problem at all.

The girl I dealt with at my local Nationwide bank. So helpful and friendly, brilliant.

The staff at my local Universal Credit office ( Job Centre ). Again no complaints from me.

The Doctor I did my HGV medical with. Fantastic and again helpful and friendly.

My local Doctors surgery where they asked me to go in and confirm my identity. Again they were brilliant, efficient and friendly.

Specsavers branch in town. Brilliant, got me in at very short notice to sort me out for some glasses after I'd failed my HGV medical due to eye test ( I won't comment on the thai opticians who sold me a pair and insisted I'd pass the eye test )

The list could go on and I'm sure I've missed something but so far every member of staff in any shop I've been in has been great and after years of the thai way of customer service I've been really happy and impressed. So far I've never had the feeling they're in any way trying to con me and let's face it how often can you say that about thai shops ?

Hopefully when Jambo gets released he can comment on his experience.

Yea, and as you've found out, near enough everything is open, albeit maybe restrictions like masks at some ...