Introduce yourself to the Forum

On 7/6/2022 at 1:47 AM, Littlefella said:

Hello all 

Visitor to the kingdom over the last 8 years, another 5 years and I'll be looking to retire here favourite place so far Chiang Mai 

1 hour ago, BillSmiles said:

Hi all.

I'm a frequent traveler to Thailand and hope to get some good advice on various things here.

Cheers

Welcome and enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am an 72 year old American who had been living you Germany for the last 25 years.  I am married to a German.

Been going to Thailand for 45 years.  There was around 20 years between my first trip and my second one.  But for the last 20 years or so, I been going about once a year.

• Like 2

Hi new to the forum from Scotland and looking to sell house in Spain and relocate to Thailand but need some advice on which area.  I would like to me near amenities, beach and shopping centres. Can anyone advice please

thanks

Carol

3 minutes ago, carol. said:

Hi new to the forum from Scotland and looking to sell house in Spain and relocate to Thailand but need some advice on which area.  I would like to me near amenities, beach and shopping centres. Can anyone advice please

thanks

Carol

Have you ever visited Thailand before ? 

2 hours ago, carol. said:

thanks

Carol

Hmmm ??? You know anything about Thailand yet ??

3 hours ago, carol. said:

thanks

Carol

Hi

Best avail yourself of the Visa requirements, Medical costs if applicable and give an idea of budget.

Then, decide upon what you want and the kind of life you want to lead when there. Nightlife, good restaurants and bars? - Pattaya but it is also expensive in comparison to the rest of Thailand and even Spain. However, the beach is filthy, traffic terrible and pollution pretty bad.

If you want clean white sand, fresh food, cheap ,living and easy visa requirements, then look elsewhere, maybe the Philippines if you're happy to suffer a crap infrastructure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...