Hotel booking, do you use Agoda, Website or book direct?.

Butch

• 4 weeks later...

I used Agoda quite recently to book a hotel for my next trip and it was very straight forward and competitive. Recieved a booking confirmation email almost instantly 

This was the first time that I have used them or any other of the booking sires as previously I booked directly. This time I am changing from my regularly accomodation. I have booked and paid for, for the first week and if I am happy with the hotel then I will book and probably get a cash discount for remaining weeks if I decide to stay in Pattaya for the whole trip. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Haha, my bad. Printed out my e- ticket yesterday and for some reason, probably my mistake, my flight departs and arrives  a day earlier than I thought I had booked

I called Agoda and got through pretty quickly and requested to change my hotel check in for 24 hours earlier. 

All done, just recieved new Agoda Booking confirmation email to print put. I am glad that I checked all the flight details, otherwise I would have arrived a day to late at Gatwick 🙂

Never happened before, I must be going senile

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Haha, my bad. Printed out my e- ticket yesterday and for some reason, probably my mistake, my flight departs and arrives  a day earlier than I thought I had booked

I called Agoda and got through pretty quickly and requested to change my hotel check in for 24 hours earlier. 

All done, just recieved new Agoda Booking confirmation email to print put. I am glad that I checked all the flight details, otherwise I would have arrived a day to late at Gatwick 🙂

Never happened before, I must be going senile

It's very easily done, especially as we usually book the hotel a day after we leave. 

Another one I have to remember on long trips, my insurance is 90 days door to door, so often that gives me 88 or 89 days in country, not the 90 I have booked in the past.

Last time I forgot it cost me 100 quid to change my return flight home. Lol.

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Surprised 1

On 7/4/2021 at 4:34 PM, Krapow said:

Try to book direct as much as possible, and very happy i did when Covid hit.

From airlines to hotels, was much easier dealing with them direct, especially EVA. 

That said, i had no problems getting a refund from hotels.com last year. 

Pretty much the same as before.

Try to book direct if possible, easier to sort out if any hassle, plus in my experience many times direct is as cheap if not cheaper, sometimes advertised as such.

Though not always, and i like hotels.com, have just redeemed another 10nights 1 free for Vana Nava at Hua Hin, and will have another 9 'in the bank' after my next trip.

Hotels.com are owned by expedia, that's what it shows at the hotel, but i always book it via hotel.com site.

• Like 3