Fantasy Football 21/22 (New Season)

Binlid

43 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Too drunk last night , forgot to do any transfers, hopefully my bench is up,to it ... 😉 

I've played my WC. The strategy is to have no "bench fodder" so that rotation and injuries won't decimate my team and keep -4 hits to a minimum over European games and the next International break .........

So lets see boys!!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

These old men need a rest every so often....Is he sitting there with a blanket over his knees and sipping a hot cocoa..????

But he is playing isn't he ??

33 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

He's playing according to the BBC website 

OOOPS...my bad

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Preliminary scores 

FD7C35D6-A75E-4799-BCD9-568EF29E7096.jpeg

I don't understand something... Maybe I'll be red carded for this but how did Boolean Bombers end up with 39 points? 

No offence intended BB ( Dave) BTW I'm not that bothered but he was on 32 points... Where did the other 7 come from? 

Was it Cresswell replacing Grealish? 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Aqualung said:

I don't understand something... Maybe I'll be red carded for this but how did Boolean Bombers end up with 39 points? 

No offence intended BB ( Dave) BTW I'm not that bothered but he was on 32 points... Where did the other 7 come from? 

Both Barnes and Grealish didn't play , his only available sub is Cresswell 

in my team , all three of my subs came on 

25 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Both Barnes and Grealish didn't play , his only available sub is Cresswell 

in my team , all three of my subs came on 

I also had Grealish not start... I'm sorry I don't follow the rules but I thought subs were like for like.. A defender for a defender, a midfielder for a midfielder and so on. 

As far as I can see in my team Grealish was replaced by Brentfords Pinnock who is a defender. I had Tottenhams Hojberg on my bench with 5 points.. Why wasn't he used instead of Pinnock? After all he's a midfielder. 

Sorry for busting your nutsack mate I'm a bit thick lol. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

I also had Grealish not start... I'm sorry I don't follow the rules but I thought subs were like for like.. A defender for a defender, a midfielder for a midfielder and so on. 

As far as I can see in my team Grealish was replaced by Brentfords Pinnock who is a defender. I had Tottenhams Hojberg on my bench with 5 points.. Why wasn't he used instead of Pinnock? After all he's a midfielder. 

You can choose the order your subs appear , if the formation  is allowed ie minimum of three defenders , your first choice was Pinnock so you will have 4-3-3 

• Great Info 2

21 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

For future games , If you go to "pick a team" , you can change the order your subs appear on your bench , if the formation  is allowed they will be used in the order you select 

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

For future games , If you go to "pick a team" , you can change the order your subs appear on your bench , if the formation  is allowed they will be used in the order you select 

Which in itself sounds easy but like the dickhead I am, GW9 my highest scoring sub was "third in line" . In previous seasons it didn't matter too much because you bunged in the cheapest players as bench fodder ... but then came Pep Roulette, Covid, more International breaks and a new meaningless European competition.

I enjoyed the Euro Fantasy League where you could make your own substitutions within the GW..That was FUN!!!

11 hours ago, Aqualung said:

I have no idea what happened to be honest.

I made the one transfer last week and I knew 3 of my players couldn't play due to injury, so obviously put them on the bench rather than take a hit on points.

What happened after that goodness knows. I was away all weekend and didn't even check things until this morning.

• Like 1