Return of test and go/Sandbox for Pattaya

Spacedog

55 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

From what I'm reading the hotel you book for day 5 has to be affiliated with a hospital so if you get a positive test you're dragged to the hospital for 'treatment' ( rapid bank balance reduction ), if negative you're free to go. You also have to have proof of booking said hotel for the thai pass or whatever they're calling it. As for your girlfriend, I have absolutely no idea if she's tested or not ? ( EDIT. I've just read that if your girlfriend stays with you in the day 5 hotel she will be tested and if either of you are positive then you're both in for quarantine ).

All as clear as mud as usual and I won't attempting it.

thanks for the reply and investigation mate.

Yeah im with you. I will wait until April / May. Hopefully some of this madness will have gone.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Krapow said:

Yea, f**k that, no chance i'd be going with a day 5 test.

Hesitant even with any test on arrival. 

Same here, I have asked on another thread what is the average cost for those day 1 and day 5 tests for my family. That together with the fact that we would not likely be able to enjoy ourselves for 5 days (probably hiding away) is causing me to rethink. Hopefully by July somebody in the Thai government will have a 'commonsense' moment and get rid of at least day 5 if not both.

To be honest the test before arrival in Thailand should be the acceptable reason for a carefree entry. If I can't get a negative test then I can cancel before I travel, the idea of another two (per person) expensive tests after arriving in Thailand doesn't really cut it with me.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

The problem is that covid here right now is spreading incredibly fast all over, its very likely you will get it in your 4 days of freedom,  then you are screwed. Enforced isolation at ridiculous cost no mater if you are ill or not.

Unless you are coming for a long trip where you are prepared to basically isolate yourself for 5 days to minimise the risk, I certainly wouldn't come right now.

Yes makes me feel like just switching off and seeing what happens now until mid March before our April trip 

it seemed to take roughly that timeframe in the uk to calm down so let’s see 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

The problem is that covid here right now is spreading incredibly fast all over, its very likely you will get it in your 4 days of freedom,  then you are screwed. Enforced isolation at ridiculous cost no mater if you are ill or not.

Unless you are coming for a long trip where you are prepared to basically isolate yourself for 5 days to minimise the risk, I certainly wouldn't come right now.

I agree 100 %. Only for those that are coming and planning to stay for a long time and are prepared for any eventuality, and don't require the option open for the possibility of having to return anytime soon in the near future.

I'm probably one of the few in here who probably fit the above criteria at the moment. Trouble is I still have at least 2 or 3 months before I have things in order to finally do that. I suppose in that... it works out as good timing for me.  

Always try to look at the bright side I reckon.

Regardless.... f**k Covid !

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I would think relatively high odds that most of the girls over there have either had it recently, or will get it within a few weeks time.

Not the happiest of hunting times. 

It is all a big fuss about nothing because you are not going to die of omicron  in Thailand unless you are a bedridden 86 year old with dementia.

Apparently.

Time to remove all restrictions world wide and declare covid to be endemic and let natural selection run its course.

Subject to six monthly booster jabs being compulsory. :default_dirol:

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

It is all a big fuss about nothing because you are not going to die of omicron  in Thailand unless you are a bedridden 86 year old with dementia.

Apparently.

Time to remove all restrictions world wide and declare covid to be endemic and let natural selection run its course.

Subject to six monthly booster jabs being compulsory. :default_dirol:

Not a fuss to me whatsoever. I just don't care to get sick, and like to limit my odds. 

No fear mongering here. But, at the same time I'm no spring chicken anymore.

Catching the flu when I was in my late 20's was pure misery. Catching it now very well could mean the grave (or the oven). I still have a few more feet of pipe to lay and mountains to see. 

I don't plan on walking around wrapped in a condom the rest of my life, but at the same time I don't get into licking the toilet seat (not yet anyway... lol).

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Not a fuss to me whatsoever. I just don't care to get sick, and like to limit my odds. 

No fear mongering here. But, at the same time I'm no spring chicken anymore.

Catching the flu when I was in my late 20's was pure misery. Catching it now very well could mean the grave (or the oven). I still have a few more feet of pipe to lay and mountains to see. 

I don't plan on walking around wrapped in a condom the rest of my life, but at the same time I don't get into licking the toilet seat (not yet anyway... lol).

Well you cannot guarantee you will not catch flu again or Covid or fall off of one of your mountains.

I too am high risk but I don't lose any sleep over it. I am triple jabbed which I consider a reasonable course of action but I had a couple of pints in a socially absolutely non distanced pub before watching a footy match in a 20K crowd this week.

I have had a good life and I intend to enjoy as much as possible what remains .

ps

I had flu in my early 20's too.

I was so ill for 3 weeks I had a bucket in the bedroom because I was so weak I couldn't get to the bathroom to have a piss. It always makes me laugh when somebody trots out that they had "a touch of the flu." 🙂

Three of my family members had omicron in the last two weeks. All had the symptoms of a mild cold.

Be happy that all restrictions are got rid of worldwide but as long as there is a substantial cost to enter and stay in Thailand which includes the possibility of a further expensive financial liability of having my holiday ruined by one (or all) of my entourage getting a positive covid result I will be seriously reviewing my trip for July.

• Like 7

21 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Be happy that all restrictions are got rid of worldwide but as long as there is a substantial cost to enter and stay in Thailand which includes the possibility of a further expensive financial liability of having my holiday ruined by one (or all) of my entourage getting a positive covid result I will be seriously reviewing my trip for July.

Which unfortunately is quite possible because however the number of vaccinations one has had they seem to make little or no difference as to the likelihood of contracting omicron..................................or not!

• Thumbs Up 1