Flying to Thailand post 1st June 2022

john luke

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Another brilliant idea .... ( Bangkok Post ) 

Foreign tourists may soon find Thailand a more expensive destination than in the past two years with the country now planning to raise hotel rates to pre-pandemic levels to support a faster recovery of the industry.

The Tourism and Sports Ministry plans to ask hotel operators to implement a dual-tariff structure under which foreign visitors may be charged rates similar to pre-pandemic days while locals may continue to enjoy discounted rates, Traisuree Taisaranakul, a government spokeswoman said in a statement on Wednesday. 

“This is to maintain our standards of rates and services for foreign tourists, which affects the perception of country’s tourism brand,” Ms Traisuree said. “Rates that have been reduced during Covid-19 will be maintained for Thais to sustain the momentum of domestic tourism.” 

While there was no immediate response to the proposal from hotel operators, the ministry and the Tourism Authority of Thailand will soon hold talks with the Hotel Association of Thailand about the dual pricing plan, according to Ms Traisuree.   

While the country has scrapped all Covid-related travel restrictions, the tourism sector is still reeling from heavy losses accumulated during the pandemic. The government expects 9.3 million foreign arrivals this year, a fraction of the 40 million tourists who arrived in 2019. 

It was not immediately clear how the government's new plan to attract more foreign tourists to Thailand - by raising prices and charging them more than Thais - would impact foreigners living in the kingdom. 

You can't make this shit up! :default_1087:

• Thumbs Up 2

48 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

Sure that was Thailand?

Hmmm...that's what he wrote...looks suspicious. 😵

I'll get to the bottom of this!

Aha,,,Tokyo Narita on the way to BKK.

FIFY

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

AFS (Aviation Fuel Services) have announced that they will be going on strike at Heathrow between 21 -24 July.

Of course I am flying on Finnair on 21 July and trying to find out if AFS fuel their aircraft as they support the fuel needs of 71 airlines.

The headline is not good and will have some effect as there are 50 staff involved.  BAA believe most airlines can make contingency plans. I am also of the belief that if Finnair, are one of those 71 airlines, then they could fly the A350 from Helsinki with enough fuel to get back to Helsinki without the need to refuel in London or they will have agreed terms with another supplier during that period. I am assuming that an A350 that can fly for more than 12 hours non stop should be able to take on enough fuel for the 2 hour 55 min each way flight from Helsinki to Heathrow and return even with landings and take offs involved. Please advise me if I am wrong.

I will not be comfortable until I am racing down the runway at Heathrow and rising safely into the air. In fact I may even feel better once we have taken off at Helsinki and avoided Russia on our way to Bangkok.

• Great Info 2

I am already looking at flights in January 2022 3 for a 2nd trip since Covid. Turkish Airlines are showing up some good prices from London Gatwick to BKK via Istanbul at under 500 quid. Have flown with them before although quite a few years ago and the stop over was a couple of hours changing planes. I don't think I will book until I get back home from my forthcoming trip.  I have a feeling that prices for other airlines will come down. EVA, showing up at over £750 for the period I am looking at. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I am already looking at flights in January 2033 for a 2nd trip since Covid. Turkish Airlines are showing up some good prices from London Gatwick to BKK via Istanbul at under 500 quid. Have flown with them before although quite a few years ago and the stop over was a couple of hours changing planes. I don't think I will book until I get back home from my forthcoming trip.  I have a feeling that prices for other airlines will come down. EVA, showing up at over £750 for the period I am looking at. 

Yep Turkish Airlines became a definite maybe perhaps option for me pre - covid. National Express has since started a route from Gatwick heading West so I will be looking at them for my trip next year ... but you are being very speculative looking for a flight 10 years after that though!!..

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 6/15/2022 at 4:16 AM, forcebwithu said:

More good news on entering Thailand.

TM 6 immigration forms shelved for now at airports

The government will temporarily halt the need for international passengers to fill out TM 6 immigration forms to ease passenger congestion at international airports.

TM6 suspension continued again.

https://www.nationthailand.com/thailand/tourism/40037109

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

I can't see the point of ever bringing them back. 

[sarcasm]

It is a way to spend some time on the plane, especially when you have to fill out several because of some minors accompanying you.

[/sarcasm]