British Airways to Thailand

tommy dee

3 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Beyond Arrogant

Lol, I love sarcastic versions of acronyms for airlines and other institutions - many years ago when I was living in the far north, we were served by an airline named Pacific Western Airlines - this prompted some good ones:

-Please Wait Awhile

-People Waiting for an Airplane

-Pray Whilst Aloft

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Britboy said:

Yeah, that's the problem, not knowing if you can upgrade until you've actually bought an economy ticket.

You can work it out in advance with most airlines - it's fiddly but can be done - or there is a paid for service that makes it easier.  I knew before I purchased the economy ticket yesterday that upgrades were available on all legs and snapped them up immediately.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Lol, I love sarcastic versions of acronyms for airlines and other institutions - many years ago when I was living in the far north, we were served by an airline named Pacific Western Airlines - this prompted some good ones:

-Please Wait Awhile

-People Waiting for an Airplane

-Pray Whilst Aloft

There used to be an airline in the UK called JMC....we all called it Jets May Crash.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Is it specific to the airline or general upgrades ???? 

It has information on almost all airlines and you look up whichever one you want.  Emirates are a major exclusion, but again there is a manual (free) way to check upgrade availability for them.

7 hours ago, KWA said:

It has information on almost all airlines and you look up whichever one you want.  Emirates are a major exclusion, but again there is a manual (free) way to check upgrade availability for them.

Surely you can do a dummy booking in business to see how many seats are left.

13 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Only a few seats are available for upgrade on each flight , think it's four in Business

13 hours ago, boydeste said:

Ah, I didn't realise that.

On some airlines they won't release any seats for award upgrades at peak times or on popular routes.  If they can sell them for cash they much prefer it.