British Airways to Thailand

tommy dee

i may be losing the plot but they said september at earliest but list flights now

Is BA flying to Thailand now?  I ask as i have been saving and adding to avios credits as I normally do, to put my tickets on basically a lay away program.. so would suit me to fligh with them next

I know some of you guys are ore switched on to whats what with airlines

thanks

Code share only with Qatar as mentioned with the aircraft being Qatar equipment and via Qatar's hub (Doha). Next year will see BA decide whether to resume flights or not for passengers

Just for info BA do operate almost daily flights to Bangkok but they are cargo flights only. So if you have seen flights LHR BKK on flight radar they are cargo only, no passengers.

https://simpleflying.com/british-airways-hong-kong-bangkok-cargo-flights/

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 2

44 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I've got 40k Avios but will be using them for accom. in Bangkok.

BA are shite.

Quite agree. I have enough Avios for a business class return to BKK, if they ran the bloody flight . . . 😠

• Like 1

I’ve got a companion voucher to use before next May. Problem is there doesn’t seem to be any reward flights available to the main destinations I’m interested for the dates I can go.  A bit annoying really.

7 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Code share only with Qatar as mentioned with the aircraft being Qatar equipment and via Qatar's hub (Doha). Next year will see BA decide whether to resume flights or not for passengers

Just for info BA do operate almost daily flights to Bangkok but they are cargo flights only. So if you have seen flights LHR BKK on flight radar they are cargo only, no passengers.

https://simpleflying.com/british-airways-hong-kong-bangkok-cargo-flights/

How much for a box 6ft x 2ft x 2ft return.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Siam Addict said:

How much for a box 6ft x 2ft x 2ft return.

how funny you mention this as yesterday was the 110th anniversary of the US postal service putting a Ban on the mailing of .. Children.  which must have been causing them a few headaches

• Haha 4

On 6/13/2022 at 4:16 PM, Britboy said:

Didn't know you could do that, thanks.

I'll take a peek and see if that'll work for me.

Do Qatar provide the same kind of value flight for the same amount of points?

The best value has historically been to buy an economy ticket and use the points to upgrade.  It's awkward as it's not easy to know whether upgrades are available on a particular flight, but it is possible.  I've just done it in the last few hours for my next but one trip with Business Class sorted for 3 of the 4 legs.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

15 minutes ago, KWA said:

The best value has historically been to buy an economy ticket and use the points to upgrade.  It's awkward as it's not easy to know whether upgrades are available on a particular flight, but it is possible.  I've just done it in the last few hours for my next but one trip with Business Class sorted for 3 of the 4 legs.

Yeah, that's the problem, not knowing if you can upgrade until you've actually bought an economy ticket.

No way can I do 12 hours cramped up in economy. With BA I always bought premium economy and tried to upgrade to business, trying each day from about 2 weeks from departure. I would say 75% of the time I was successful. Worst case is I fly prem econ, which I can put up with providing I've pre-booked my seat. Always window with max leg room as I just hibernate on a flight. Sit down, kip and get up 12 hours later . . 😂

• Like 1