Tawandang Rama 3

coxyhog

1 hour ago, Aqualung said:

Never been but the teerak recommends it. 

She tells me it country music. Is she correct? 

I would imagine whatever band is playing can play whatever music they like but my experience of the one in Korat which i have attended on many occasions is its rock music, thank god lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Aqualung said:

I've only ever been to the one on Rama 3 and the various bands do mainly rock & blues copies mixed with some Thai music.Last night they also did a bit of rap but thankfully not much.

Our last two visits before yesterday had a young Thai boy who must've been all of 12yo as lead singer doing Black Sabbath & he was bloody good.

Going to the one in Korat next week.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I too have had many a good night in those venues, there are many around Thailand.

My only gripe would be that in my experience in all the ones i have visited is that the volume has been so loud that it's difficult to place your order with the waitress / waiter, many have given me a notepad and pen to write down what i require.

I try to sit as near to the rear as possible, which is often close to where the bar is situated, handy.

The bands must make a fortune from the flower garlands that customers can buy to hand around the neck of whoever is singing, the garlands are circulated around at an alarming rate once there are so many hanging around the singer's neck that you cannot see their face....

I would rate the one on Ubon Ratchathani ringroad as being the best one i have spent time in.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, coxyhog said:

@SteveBC I've never seen the garlands thing at Rama 3,the only thing people were giving the bandmembers was banknotes.

Also the sound level is reasonable,in fact when they were doing some of the better rock numbers it would've been better if it was louder.

Ok, sounds a better venue to visit if in that area.

9 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Not at all, it is all types of music.  These establishments also often have special nights with Thai pop stars headlining so it will be Thai music that everyone knows, and the places are packed to the rafters. Literally everyone is standing up and dancing and the drinks are flowing.

Always a great atmosphere, many a great night with the wife and friends.

• Like 3