The Health, Diet and Exercise Thread

galenkia

1 hour ago, Phantom51red said:

Surprised I got an appointment with doctor today for 5.15pm,he sounded Asian and about 13 years old on the phone ,luckily 2 minutes walk from my house,gout a bummer,3 weeks now,see how this goes.

Usually a flare up would last a couple of weeks, with maybe 3 or 4 days at its worst. Since stopping drinking and changing my diet, I have been okay thankfully.

Medication can obviously help, but for me, a lot of health problems can be controlled naturally. I try and avoid medication as much as possible.

• Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, galenkia said:

Usually a flare up would last a couple of weeks, with maybe 3 or 4 days at its worst. Since stopping drinking and changing my diet, I have been okay thankfully.

Medication can obviously help, but for me, a lot of health problems can be controlled naturally. I try and avoid medication as much as possible.

👍   Staying away from others is key. And Fluids. Blowing snot is good, it means you are getting rid of the bull shit.

Yesterday at the docs i got nexocin 500mg tabs and omeprazole 20mg tabs,,enough for 2 weeks,going back today for blood test soon,,was right about the doctor , under 25,asian maybe half chinese falang,,he had about 40/50 small action figures looked like anime scattered about his office 😳

Looking at my hand telling me ;i never see gout in hand before:  im thinking to myself.. you probably never seen much of anything before at your age !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Yesterday at the docs i got nexocin 500mg tabs and omeprazole 20mg tabs,,enough for 2 weeks,going back today for blood test soon,,was right about the doctor , under 25,asian maybe half chinese falang,,he had about 40/50 small action figures looked like anime scattered about his office 😳

Looking at my hand telling me ;i never see gout in hand before:  im thinking to myself.. you probably never seen much of anything before at your age !

Yeah, toes and feet seem most common, but you can get it in any joint.

Maybe you need a joint for your joint pain.😂

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Ill be trying everything,funny enough i have 2 different types o weed in my drawer that i coldnt smoke last time as had a works medical ,but now thats done for another another 2 years 🙂  its a great exuse 🚬,never know it might help if the tab dont.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

4 hours ago, galenkia said:

My brother used to get it in his knee, said it was horrific!

8 hours ago, Krapow said:

My brother used to get it in his knee, said it was horrific!

I've had it in my big toe, the ball of my foot, and my left knee and the knee was by far the worst - it took me five minutes to get out of bed just to go for a piss and that same knee is  arthritic today, although the Thailand heat has been working wonders with it. 

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

My COVID infection might have(weirdly) had some benefits. My only 2 gout attacks were 21 months apart(easy to find the dates on this board), now going on 24 months without one. I still always feel a little something in my right big toe joint, as I’ve stubbed it a few times, even during the episodes….but Thank the Lord no 3rd time paralysis as of yet

Last time was pure hell, I think altogether 2 weeks, with major pain and correspondingly shitty mood for at least 6-7 days…..First one in 2020 was maybe 60 hours of bad pain, much relieved by dipping toe in cold water

Dont wish this shite upon anyone, and can’t imagine having it go to a knee, hand or gulp…..both big toes 

Edited by Golfingboy

Finally got the call for the ultrasound on my left nut Monday, had the scan about 6 hours ago. Urologist spent a whole 15 seconds with me last time, saying it’s most probably just a bunch of harmless cysts, which the Doc today pretty much confirmed. 

Was a pretty thorough process, technician put the gel on the area and took many images from all angles. Gave me 20 minutes to rest up, Doc did more of the same, took her time, and reiterated it looks benign

4 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Finally got the call for the ultrasound on my left nut Monday, had the scan about 6 hours ago. Urologist spent a whole 15 seconds with me last time, saying it’s most probably just a bunch of harmless cysts, which the Doc today pretty much confirmed. 

Was a pretty thorough process, technician put the gel on the area and took many images from all angles. Gave me 20 minutes to rest up, Doc did more of the same, took her time, and reiterated it looks benign

These are apparently fairly common, I have a small cyst myself on one of my nuts - I had an ultrasound done some years ago and the tech told me it was nothing to worry about. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, maipenrai said:

These are apparently fairly common, I have a small cyst myself on one of my nuts - I had an ultrasound done some years ago and the tech told me it was nothing to worry about. 

I’ve got zero on my right, and a couple the size of another nut on the left, to the point where I’m not even sure where the real one is…..But if it’s only cosmetic, so be it

Gave me an excuse to manscape, never know when I might get lucky …..

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Spent two weeks on my couch in a bloody jock strap following ball surgery a few years back.

Something for you to look forward to. LOL

Have them snip the sperm chute when they're down there. It'll save you a lot of time, trouble and money.

Edited by Glasseye

3 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Spent two weeks on my couch in a bloody jock strap following ball surgery a few years back.

Something for you to look forward to. LOL

Have them snip the sperm chute when they're down there. It'll save you a lot of time, trouble and money.

I repeat, it is a very small cyst that has been there for years and is nothing to worry about. 

On 2/12/2024 at 8:18 AM, Zambo said:

Increased to a 3km run today, again no knee pain (no doubt a bit later). Pace reduced a bit, but not bad.

Got to 4km today, still no knee pain (although i do feel a bit of stiffness while typing this collapsed on my balcony furniture) I do 2km about 3 times a week and then a bit further at the weekend. Will take another couple of weeks to meet my final target of 5km.

Now need to keep the pace going, quite a fall off after halfway.

Screenshot_20240218_174006_Connect.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zambo said:

Got to 4km today, still no knee pain (although i do feel a bit of stiffness while typing this collapsed on my balcony furniture) I do 2km about 3 times a week and then a bit further at the weekend. Will take another couple of weeks to meet my final target of 5km.

Now need to keep the pace going, quite a fall off after halfway.

Screenshot_20240218_174006_Connect.jpg

Cheers. 

What is your strategy for dog encounters ? Just curious.

43 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Cheers. 

What is your strategy for dog encounters ? Just curious.

Haha, not such a problem here in Singapore - most on a leash.

But in Thailand they do worry me and at night i tend to cross over the road if dogs are viciously barking and seeming to defend a compound or land. But i have noticed that usually the dogs do just defend their space and don't chase strangers. 

Maybe i should have a strategy, when i do get worried i just think kicking out is the only option - but luckily its never come to that.

A while ago and in another thread I mentioned I had acquired one of these.

image.png

A CO2 monitor.

Not being able to stop at one, I then got

image.png

basically so I could compare results. They have sensors from different manufacturers.

The good news is that, once stabilized, they agree with each other. Difference usually less than 10 ppm, quite often only 2-3 ppm.

Anyway, today I thought I'd take the latest acquisition, an Aranet4, on a little road trip down to the shops. I first placed the unit outside to get a baseline reading and then we were off.

21/02/2024 11:28    430
21/02/2024 11:29    502
21/02/2024 11:30    872
21/02/2024 11:31    1017
21/02/2024 11:32    1093
21/02/2024 11:33    1233
21/02/2024 11:34    1395
21/02/2024 11:35    1490
21/02/2024 11:36    1547
21/02/2024 11:37    1658
21/02/2024 11:38    1806

Doesn't take long for the CO2 to start rising. It's a "family size" car, AC was on but with recirc, no fresh air vents open. The unit and associated app can export the data to a CSV file.

After that it was a bit of stop and shop but then time for the return journey.

21/02/2024 12:04    1243
21/02/2024 12:05    1678
21/02/2024 12:06    1572
21/02/2024 12:07    1690
21/02/2024 12:08    1813
21/02/2024 12:09    1891
21/02/2024 12:10    1972
21/02/2024 12:11    2004
21/02/2024 12:12    2119
21/02/2024 12:13    2105
21/02/2024 12:14    2182
21/02/2024 12:15    2237
21/02/2024 12:16    2302
21/02/2024 12:17    2264
21/02/2024 12:18    2330
21/02/2024 12:19    2318
21/02/2024 12:20    2430
21/02/2024 12:21    2496
21/02/2024 12:22    2564
21/02/2024 12:23    2578

Ok. This trip was starting from a higher reading. It takes about 3-4 minutes for the unit to stabilize to the ambient conditions and I wasn't going to stand in the shopping centre carpark holding the unit above my head. You can get arrested for behaviour like that in some places.

Why is this important.

The levels of CO2 in the air and potential health problems are:

• 400 ppm: average outdoor air level.
  • 400–1,000 ppm: typical level found in occupied spaces with good air exchange.
  • 1,000–2,000 ppm: level associated with complaints of drowsiness and poor air.
  • 2,000–5,000 ppm: level associated with headaches, sleepiness, and stagnant, stale, stuffy air. Poor concentration, loss of attention, increased heart rate and slight nausea may also be present.
  • 5,000 ppm: this indicates unusual air conditions where high levels of other gases could also be present. Toxicity or oxygen deprivation could occur. This is the permissible exposure limit for daily workplace exposures.
  • 40,000 ppm: this level is immediately harmful due to oxygen deprivation.

When the weather cools down I might take a longer trip. Perhaps see how long it takes to get to 5,000 ppm and then see how much difference occurs with the fresh air vents open.

Other readings.

430 ppm. Indoors, windows and doors open, a couple of fans moving the air around.

550-650 ppm. Indoors, windows and doors closed.

800 ppm. Bedroom when I wake up, windows and doors closed.

Life is just a science experiment.

• Great Info 2

Get yourself a dip in something like this.

Frozen over river, straight outta a roasting sauna, straight into.

If you don't take a cardiac arrest, you know you're in decent health 😂 

Done it yesterday, contemplating doing it again today, felt so tingly afterwards, could literally feel the blood coursing through my veins. 

20240218_092216.jpg

image.jpg

20240220_161408.jpg

2 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Get yourself a dip in something like this.

Frozen over river, straight outta a roasting sauna, straight into.

If you don't take a cardiac arrest, you know you're in decent health 😂 

Done it yesterday, contemplating doing it again today, felt so tingly afterwards, could literally feel the blood coursing through my veins. 

20240218_092216.jpg

image.jpg

20240220_161408.jpg

FCUK !

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Krapow said:

🤣

Look at my ongoing trip report in VIP, has pictures of me in it from yesterday. You can see from them I'm enjoying it immensely 🤣

I'd rather not. lol

I would have a heart attack just looking at the pics.

• Haha 1