What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

On 6/14/2023 at 10:42 AM, Derek Dangleberries said:

Bloody Hell I spoke too soon !!

No action today so I am chewing on Mackam (tamarind) and sipping a cup of Fitnee. I had some green olives and dates earlier .... just before a lunch with sweetcorn, sprouts and carrots

If you hear deep rumblings over your way later it will be my stomach not thunder !!

I have similar problems with my bowels. 😟 Mainly due to the amount of Morphine I have to take daily, plus my other medications.

I find it’s difficult to regulate just what foods best suit eating with my meds. One day it’s rock solid constipation that lasts 3 days and even dynamite in the form of Lactulose won’t shift it, then it swings to the other end of the spectrum and it’s Montezuma’s revenge for 3 days!
There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to it!! Some days I can eat certain foods, next day, I can’t. 😟
Had all the tests for the symptoms, (cameras up, blood tests etc, but Consultant gastroenterologist says he can’t find anything wrong and believe me he’s looked.

Apparently, he’s a very keen potholer in his spare time, so I’m sure I can trust him when he said that he’s looked into every nook and cranny for any abnormalities. 😉

That old saying “never trust a fart” is very relevant in my case. 🤣

• Sad 3

Met big Pat Jennings at Stansted on my flight to Belfast yesterday.

Absolute gentleman and legend to boot! 

Have met him 3 or 4 times now over the years, always gives you some of his time for a quick chat, pic, whatever.  Just a genuine nice guy with a big smile.

My Da had said to me one time he was the best keeper of his generation, but that's maybe a bit of the old Northern Ireland bias.

Either way, he'd have went for absolute fortunes had it been these days ...

• Like 6
  • Great Info 1

Just woke from a beautiful 8 1/2 sleep following a busy day yesterday at my sons sports day where I over exposed myself to the sun and then in the evening attended a good mates birthday bash in a Cypriot restaurant- no booze but exhausted from the heat so slept like a baby! 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just spray painted some brackets I had made for my fishing trolley and a thunder storm has just hit, they were drying on my wheelie bin. FFS, just my luck.

Had to rescue them quick and they are now drying in my shed.

It's now pissing it down.

I guess my walk is going to get delayed until later. Forecast doesn't look too trendy for the next hour or so.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

Eventually got out for a walk after the rain had baited a bit. Now sheltering in the pub with a pint of Guinness as it's pissing it down again. 

Hopefully not just the one pint !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, boydeste said:

Just spray painted some brackets I had made for my fishing trolley and a thunder storm has just hit, they were drying on my wheelie bin. FFS, just my luck.

Had to rescue them quick and they are now drying in my shed.

It's now pissing it down.

I guess my walk is going to get delayed until later. Forecast doesn't look too trendy for the next hour or so.

Didn’t you know that wet paint outside has a pact with the devil. 🤣

• Haha 2

Just got back to my hotel by Kings Cross. Brilliant night and all three bands were great.

Arctic Monkeys were playing at the O2 Academy down the road, and I have never seen so many people trying to get in a tube station. Fucking unreal.

Geoff Tate was on top form and one of his daughters joined him on stage for a couple of songs.

IMG_0427.jpeg

IMG_0428.jpeg

IMG_0429.jpeg

IMG_0430.jpeg

IMG_0433.jpeg

IMG_0432.jpeg

IMG_0431.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Great Info 1