What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Just loaded the van up for a visit to my small lake, done a few mods to my barrow to hopefully stop it wanting to tip over forward on uneven ground.

Made and fitted some casters as stabilisers, not sure if they will be strong enough and may snap off the first time in use, but we will see.

Can always make some stronger ones later if the concept works, initially I was trying to keep the weight down.

20230815_112119.jpg

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

46 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Just loaded the van up for a visit to my small lake, done a few mods to my barrow to hopefully stop it wanting to tip over forward on uneven ground.

Made and fitted some casters as stabilisers, not sure if they will be strong enough and may snap off the first time in use, but we will see.

Can always make some stronger ones later if the concept works, initially I was trying to keep the weight down.

20230815_112119.jpg

Tie the load down with elastic bands, it'll stabilize things. I use them on my bike every day. They work brill.

Except I had a cheap one that broke the other day. It took me, a Thai security guard and some tools to yank the s.o.b. out of my gears. Lesson learned. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Tie the load down with elastic bands, it'll stabilize things. I use them on my bike every day. They work brill.

Except I had a cheap one that broke the other day. It took me, a Thai security guard and some tools to yank the s.o.b. out of my gears. Lesson learned. 

I had a full elasticated mesh over it the last time it tipped. The track is very uneven with many deep gullies where heavy vehicles have passed in the wet.

Stabilisers worked a treat. See how long they last.

20230815_142605.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Surprised 1

6 hours ago, galenkia said:

Enjoying Summer.

And fucking pissed off as I dropped my iPhone taking it out of my pocket this morning and smashed the top part of the screen.

Was like brand new condition.

IMG_0536.jpeg

I got a case for my Samsung Gally, it makes it heavy to carry but when i drop it ''no damage'' to the phone 👍

Note to self. Don’t book Ao Nang in August!! 

in the past we’ve been here December, April and August with the summer trips blessed with good weather ( no lain). This trip the polar opposite and lain lain lain….off for a two hour massage soon 

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, boydeste said:

I had a full elasticated mesh over it the last time it tipped. The track is very uneven with many deep gullies where heavy vehicles have passed in the wet.

Stabilisers worked a treat. See how long they last.

20230815_142605.jpg

Yikes mate !

Trying to fallback asleep after an horrific nighmare. Rarely do I have them, but this one was awful.

Earleir in the day I was propped up on a concrete fence, along with my bicycle, taking a break when I heard some chanting and heard some odd sounding horn instrument of some kind. As the noise became louder the group turned the corner.... It was a funreral procession. As the monks and elders passed by a group of young men held up the picture of the young boy who had ovbiously passed. All I could think to  myself was that the poor kid had died in a motorbike accident.

I stood in silence, respectfully looking down, but felf somewhat out of place. My heart went out to those loved ones that were waking past. It was almost surreal. 

May the young man RIP and his family somehow recover from such a terrible loss. I know how such a thing can haunt a family for a lifetime. Tonight my losses are haunting me. 

Edited by Glasseye
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

At my sisters as she called me lunchtime crying. It’s getting to her now, the fact she has little time left. Fucking breaks my heart to hear her like that. She’s all I have, so it’s really hard to deal with. She’s better now but I just worry about her now as she is usually so mentally strong.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 11

13 hours ago, galenkia said:

At my sisters as she called me lunchtime crying. It’s getting to her now, the fact she has little time left. Fucking breaks my heart to hear her like that. She’s all I have, so it’s really hard to deal with. She’s better now but I just worry about her now as she is usually so mentally strong.

Stages mate. When she stops eating she will go unconscious, and be at peace. One night when you are out of the room for a while they will slip a little extra morphine into her drip. And that will be it.

Try to find some peace in the love that you have shared over your lifetime. She will always love you.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4