What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

1 minute ago, Zambo said:

TGI Friday in Manila, BGC is a quiet part of the city for nightlife and i can't face the traffic to travel further

20231106_183344.jpg

I have never spent any time in Manilla and always travel on.

The place never feels safe to me, but that is often subjective to knowing where to and not to go.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I have never spent any time in Manilla and always travel on.

The place never feels safe to me, but that is often subjective to knowing where to and not to go.

BGC - Bonafacio Global City, is safe. Sightly boring after dark. But i agree Manila in general needs you to have your eyes open, starting with the taxis

• Thumbs Up 2

47 minutes ago, Zambo said:

BGC - Bonafacio Global City, is safe. Sightly boring after dark. But i agree Manila in general needs you to have your eyes open, starting with the taxis

BGC skyline by night, this development started in 2003

20231106_194904.jpg

• Like 5

My new install seemed to be going well until the commissioning. The heating valve has been seeping water through the actuator into the switch causing lots of corrosion.

One of the guys has rushed off to buy a new one while the other carries on with proving everything else is as it should be.

They did have a new valve switch box which could be fitted, but all that is going to happen is the leak will get gradually worse and knacker the new box. I just told them to fit a whole new valve.

More expense ☹️

• Sad 4

Just been watching a program with the great Gareth Edwards (Welsh Rugby Legend) walking the Neath canals that I regularly walk. Clydach to Trebanos and Neath Basin to Resolven. Was on BBC 4.

Makes me want to get back out there, if only the weather could stay dry tomorrow,

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, Zambo said:

A biz trip to Manila in 2002, went with some local guys in the office to check out Makati...some nice bars and certainly some nice "Pinays" to have some fun with but...I  as an American would not go there alone by myself. Some of the local "mafia" were giving me the stare down even with the guys I was with. 

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Yessongs said:

A biz trip to Manila in 2002, went with some local guys in the office to check out Makati...some nice bars and certainly some nice "Pinays" to have some fun with but...I  as an American would not go there alone by myself. Some of the local "mafia" were giving me the stare down even with the guys I was with. 

After I saw that video of the DJ getting shot and his chain snatched on Livestream this weekend, made me realize how cheap life is over there

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

I've heard about a few cases inluding hit by bottle and scared by guns or bullets being put on tables. But luckily i haven't had any bad experiences, my worst was when my thai girl and i were told to leave a taxi in a dodgy part of town (driver got lost and frustrated) was a bit worried his mates might appear from around the corner. But after some quick walking soon reached civilisation.

• Sad 2

Just bought £50 of premium Bonds online. Have held just £10 since 1957 and never won a penny. Probably still won't win for the next 20 years but you never know. 

Not putting thousands in but the lowest holding, anybody has won the big bucks with, has been £15. I have upped my odds lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1