UFO invasion............ Yawn

fforest

• 2 weeks later...

Given that I live less than 3 miles from the UK "Roswell" at Rendlesham Forest I'm skeptical about this whole UFO stuff.

I worked with a guy who was a passive threat analyst at RAF Bentwaters in the 80's. Passive threat was to identify anything non directly hostile to the base in peacetime, so stuff like local protestors, local potential 5th columnists if the Ruskies invaded, local firearms owners / dealers, plus people that the CIA had identified as subversives to the US Govt , farmers who might be bribed to turn their fields into landing zones and anything in between.

All in all a list of the local criminals as they got their info directly from the UK Intelligence Corps "slime" and it was never up to date, but at high value bases like Bentwaters, Lakenheath, Feltwell and Mildenhall they had their own guys & girls on the ground. Allegedly.

The benefit for the intelligence services are that these people can't keep their mouths shut, being opinionated they tend to reveal their presence to all and sundry when they get lubricated in the local pubs when the landlord was bribed to put a double in their drink or add a vodka to their pint*.

The guy I spoke to at length told me that there was a UFO, it was using a kind of Aerial Ground penetrating pencil radar to look at the base. They thought is was Russian secret stuff, but none of the signatures matched anything they had via IFR or any other wavelength scanning. "it" didn't land, it hovered and moved on. that's what he heard from a guy he spoke to who had a mate who saw it.

If we are invaded by the aliens, then for all that is good and holy, please exterminate the left wingers.

*I had no involvement in this practice anywhere on the UK mainland or beyond at anytime in my life..