Gunman Child in BKK Mall

tommy dee

shocked me somewhat as i was there 2 wks ago in same mall

14 yrs old ffs

A police officer subdues a gunman at the Siam Kempinski Hotel, adjacent to Siam Paragon shopping centre, following a shooting inside the shopping centre on Tuesday afternoon. (Photo: Central Investigation Bureau Facebook)

Police have arrested a 14-year-old boy who went on a shooting rampage inside Siam Paragon shopping mall, killing three people and injuring four others on Tuesday afternoon.

The incident that took place around 4.20pm sent hundreds of people fleeing from the mall on Rama I Road in central Bangkok. Witnesses said that more than 10 rounds of gunshots were heard.

• Sad 5

National Police Chief Pol Gen Torsak Sukvimol told reporters that 2 people have now died from the shooting at Siam Paragon.

One of the casualties was a 34-year-old female Chinese national who passed away on-site, and the other was a female Myanmar national who passed away at the Police General Hospital.

Five people have been injured.

• Sad 3

56 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

One of the casualties was a 34-year-old female Chinese national who passed away on-site, and the other was a female Myanmar national who passed away at the Police General Hospital.

Guess which one the Thai Press will be covering more and showing concern for ...

The boy, the dead and injured will be forgotten in the blink of an eye to be replaced by stories of how Thais have saved the life of a Chinese tourist somewhere because despite the tragedy today all they want is money!

The Mrs was glued to the Thai TV news and very upset. In case others do not remember there was a similar shooting at a Korat mall a year or so back. I am very saddened to see this American type madness growing in Thailand. 😞

Help to stop this in the US for a starter please. IMO -> that is where it is growing from.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I am so bloody upset by this whole gun worship crap! I never want to see or touch a weapon ever again..

My heart goes out to all those physically and emotionally damaged by this incident.

Films and TV should stop glorifying killing people ...

Same. Fcuking awful.

I turned mine in when I left in 2010. Haven't touched one since.

The damage inflicted is incalcuable.

Siam Paragon was his target location. That right there tells a lot about where his mindset was. Disgruntled, angry, and frustrated. Probably recently had a traumatic family loss or incident, and most likely a serious encounter with some authority figure. No coping skills, and probably influenced significantly by some form of social media.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

The Mrs was glued to the Thai TV news and very upset. In case others do not remember there was a similar shooting at a Korat mall a year or so back. I am very saddened to see this American type madness growing in Thailand. 😞

Help to stop this in the US for a starter please. IMO -> that is where it is growing from.

No doubt, and one of the reasons why I wanted to get away from there.

The Korat Mall shooting happened after I had put the move plans into moition. That incident was especially depressing for me. I felt like there was/is no hope.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Sad day for Thailand indeed. Been there many times....wifey tells me he has "issues" Was involved in video games that depict shooting etc with friends. 

I am sure you may recall the debate quite a few years back in the U.S. regarding regulation of those types of games. Eventually the issue faded primarily because of "freedom of speech" conflicts. Also the issue turned into a piss fight with second amendment protectionist. Claims that the games didn't cause the shootings the individuals did, etc. etc.

Regardless of whatever position someone may take regarding the broad legal complexities.... there is no doubt whatsoever that those games can have a considerable negative influence on a troubled kid.

Nowadays it would be difficult to regulate anyway with the extent of the internet. 

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

15 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

The boy, the dead and injured will be forgotten in the blink of an eye

Today's Bangkok Post's Banner headlines in order of priority.

- Sluggish spending by tourists

- An item on the new charter

- The Baht slipping

- Eco Sustainable packaging 

- A new organisation set up to run the digital wallet

The dead are already being pushed to the sidebar, or the third item in the section halfway down the page.

At least @tommy deehad the moral decency to keep it as his main item of news.

There are people that want this story hidden and forgotten at the earliest opportunity. Especially the Chinese tourist killed.

Disgusting!

• Thumbs Up 2